KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 kfx450r cuts out at 1/2 throttle. When the quad is semi warm it runs fine no cutting out or anything. After 1 run at wide open throttle the quad starts to cut out at 1/2 throttle. Seems like it runs out of fuel. But you can kill it and let it cool off for a few minutes and start it up again and it will run fine for 1 full throttle pull threw all the gears then it starts to cut out again at 1/2 throttle. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
sounds like possibly a few things.

most likely its a failing water temp sensor.

another thing that can cause a bog is clogged fuel strainer/low fuel pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ill start with a water temp sensor. i don't think its fuel related because i can start it when its cold, go down the road wide open throttle every gear and it won't cut out. but as soon as i turn around to go back to the house it will start to cut out.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
ok ill start with a water temp sensor. i don't think its fuel related because i can start it when its cold, go down the road wide open throttle every gear and it won't cut out. but as soon as i turn around to go back to the house it will start to cut out.
Yes water temp is usually the prime suspect with your symptoms...

Also low battery voltage or poor voltage regulating/charging output also can cause your symptoms...!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2013 kfx450r cuts out at 1/2 throttle. When the quad is semi warm it runs fine no cutting out or anything. After 1 run at wide open throttle the quad starts to cut out at 1/2 throttle. Seems like it runs out of fuel. But you can kill it and let it cool off for a few minutes and start it up again and it will run fine for 1 full throttle pull threw all the gears then it starts to cut out again at 1/2 throttle. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Just out of curiosity did you end up finding out what the problem was? Because I’m having the exact same problem with my quad right now except it’s an 09

1 - 5 of 5 Posts