KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried doing a search but can't find anything regarding the CT racing exhaust. Has anyone used a CT? Read an article on a build by ATV Rider and seems like they came up with a decent combination. Recently purchase a KFX and it needs a new exhaust. Has a Lexx on it which has just about disintegrated. Came apart at the rivets and absolutely no packing. Anyway, I'm down to HMF, DASA, Maybe Yosh?, but would like an opinion on the CT if anyone has one before I make a final decision.

I ride in Upstate NY so it's mostly tight woods. So I'm not looking for top end. Would like to be "legal" as far as Db rating. Is that about 96?

Plan to do the fuel systems intake and a PC III or V. would take opinions on these as well.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
The FCI is a great intake to run in combination w/the PCIII. THe PCV w/Auto Tune I've heard works pretty well even though I personally have no experience with it, but I'd stick w/the III unless you'll invest in Auto Tune b/c there are maps you can get everywhere for that. From experience, PCIII maps don't convert properly into PCV format as I was trying to help a friend w/that issue. As far as an exhaust goes, I'd swing in the direction of the HMF comp series or Curtis Sparks full system. DASA makes great power and from what a lot of guys have been saying their quality has drastically improved. I haven't known anyone to run a CT on this quad, so I can't say either way on that one.

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
Look into a Jardine RT-99 exhaust system is the most quiet and great performance...

Jardine RT99 Full ATV Exhaust

Here's a youtube of a KFX 400 with a ct pipe...

I'm running a HMF and you have a choice of with/without the quiet core...

with out for racing...with for state regulations...

As for fuel controllers, I'm using the Dynatek DRSP-1 programmer w/DFS2-21...Check it out...Dynatek Performance Electronics - ATV/Scooter/Dirtbike FS

Many here are using the Dynojet PCIII & V and can assist you with dyno proven maps...

And also the Procom adjustable ECU which many too have specialized maps to help you with your performance...

Note: Dynojet & Dynatek are sister companies...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm a fan of the Yoshimura out of your three options for quality, fitment , and support. The DASA is a forum favorite everywhere, but they have some issues. The HMF Competition series would be a nice choice if you needed to be in the 94db range. Your top three exhaust choices are nice, but make sure you combine the exhaust purchase the FCI intake for maximum gains.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I am a hmf fan. I have owned all exhausts mentioned but the ct. I think for fit and finish the hmf is the way to go. Plus it comes with three different inserts which give you a choice and variety to change things up.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Haven't used the CT on this quad but did on a YFZ and I thought it was a good pipe overall. You can tune the sound on it as well with adding and removing disc. Sound is great and power is as well. Fit, finish, quality, and customer service is second to none. If you go CT you will not be let down. Going to it after I get done using the HMF comp that I have on the KFX now. Wish I would have gone CT but got a great package deal with the HMF, procom, and FCI.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
CT was my other option.

I like the disc setups and the ability to switch out discs or go with a standard outlet and all.

I would not be a bit afraid to buy that system... it is good quality and makes good power.

As for Yoshi, they have changed their muffler style, so I have no idea what they sound like now. I have the old round style on my Honda and it sounds great... very deep rumbling note that I do not mind hearing a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts