KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to see if any of you are running these tires and want know what do you think of the performance on the trails and track? Just want ti get some feedback on these because I never heard of this brand of tire.....

Thanks for your input......

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have the rears, but have never tried the fronts. The fronts didnt seem agressive enough. I honestly dont have enough time on them to give you a good review but ill give you an update if you want after i get some time on them. Strubby had them, and he said he liked them, you might want to hit him up.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much did you pay for your Shaggyman660 if you don't mind me asking. I just want to know if this guy is giving me a good deal..

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think i got mine for 70ish, but i have seen them in the high 50s. I had free shipping tho, not sure if the cheaper ones were free. i also wasnt familiar with the website so i went the safer route.

Let me know if you find a good price on them, if i like em i might get more.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a guy local that had the for 130 for the rears... Not sure what the price woild be for a full set.....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would say that's a decent price as long as your talking new.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got set of them and a set itp t-9 wheels for $350 brand new at a place in Vegas when I lived there. I love mine so far. They do good on the trails that I ride. Good bite and break loose when you want them too. Not a lot of difference than the set of razrs I had on there.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
i got all 4 and honestly the tires are great in woods or muddy situations but as soon as you get on a dirt road you cant keep it on its just all over the place , also when you ride main paved roads they spin reeal easily and burnoff pretty quick ,hope this helps on you decision.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
This thread is really old guys, but I could post an update since I have been running the rears all season.

So far they have held up to punctures, ect. However, I'm not real happy with how they wear and traction in certain situations. I don't think a set would last a race season as well as I expected. I'm running 22/10/9s, fyi.

I can't give them a totally bad review because I honestly think I have bike set up/ riding style issue that changes how well they hook up. Since they haven't let me down I would have to give them a B-.

·
Registered
32 Posts
trails is awsome climbs digs rosts like no other...track, like a magnet in corners better hold on...
tires were 20x10 9 rear on trx450r trails and both ltr and trx on track....and 21x7 10 front...they wear great even tho they seem soft...do good on hard top too....any body have this tire in 22"s in rear, im looking into 22-10 9 in rear and 23-7 10 in front
i like the hight and ppl say i gain top end, which i could use cause god know kfx have short short gears..but they say they bounc at speed...and going up in size is equivalint to sprocket tooth change??..idk..anybody chime into to my 22 rear and 23 front ? here...i want the hieght and xc/ gncc/ baja look... but for the ambush price u cant beat the 20/21 price...thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I think the rear ambush and both pulse tires look good. But I refuse to run either. Not because I don't think they are a great tire... but because CST as a company does not think amateur racers are important to their business and are not shy about making that clear either.

So for me, all CST tires have to be a "no".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts