KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will fire will right up on battery charger!
Then dies ....
No fuel pump sound from run switch. She would lose power about 3/4 throttle so I’ve been wanting to replace fuel pump and strainer for a while now!! Bikes been sitting about a month now
battey is a bike master gel battery about 2 years old
What’s the best fuel pump to buy?
anything else to check for no power to fuel pump?
Usually charge battery before every ride
Mods are Big 3
Monster exhaust, FCI, PC5

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Make sure the battery is charged full 12.8 volt standard & holds the charge for 24 hours..
Make sure the TPS is in range....See picture
Check the valve clearance...Intake 0.10~0.15 mm & exhaust 0.17~0.23 mm
Check the fuel pump relay & 10 amp fuse & make sure the fuel pump primes when the key is turned ON...
Does the F.I dash light remain ON or flashing when trying to start...??

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
a few days ago i was working in front of the bike and i removed the down sensor and the fuel pump didn’t turn on either.
make sure you don't have the same problem

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure the battery is charged full 12.8 volt standard & holds the charge for 24 hours..
Check the fuel pump relay & 10 amp fuse & make sure the fuel pump primes when the key is turned ON...
Dust devil

I finally got around to checking out the bike. She started up first try problem. Ran for about 2 minutes then shut off. Started back up same thing. was gettin ready to go for a quick ride. Shut off. No fuel pump sound. No power to fuel pump. I checked the 30Amp fuse and it’s good. Where is the 10a fuse? I haven’t charged the battery but battery seems fine but fuel pump will randomly shut off. I was also messing with my throttle cable but that didn’t help. Crazy it fired up fine then suddenly died and now won’t start . My run switch will not work . This has been happening for a while now but I just cycle the key and the run switch will work .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dust devil

I finally got around to checking out the bike. She started up first try problem. Ran for about 2 minutes then shut off. Started back up same thing. was gettin ready to go for a quick ride. Shut off. No fuel pump sound. No power to fuel pump. I checked the 30Amp fuse and it’s good. Where is the 10a fuse? I haven’t charged the battery but battery seems fine but fuel pump will randomly shut off. I was also messing with my throttle cable but that didn’t help. Crazy it fired up fine then suddenly died and now won’t start . My run switch will not work . This has been happening for a while now but I just cycle the key and the run switch will work .
I have a new fuel pump on the way (the one you recommended for only $13 from China) hope it lasts . Have not gotten around to checking valves or TPS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update ( loose negative battery cable) smh sometimes it’s the little things ..she’s idling rough and hard tho!

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Update ( loose negative battery cable) smh sometimes it’s the little things ..she’s idling rough and hard tho!
Try running some seafoam motor treatment in your fuel & see if it clears the rough idling...

Also have you tried turning up your idle to see if it idles better..??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts