KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I recently bought a kfx450 and I've been attempting to do all the maintenance... I flushed the coolant and replaced it with engine ice... now I have an issue... after normal riding ill shut the bike off and ill hear the bike "boiling"
It never did it b4 (like 6 official rides)

*I have a 40 second video but not sure how to upload it.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Hey guys... I recently bought a kfx450 and I've been attempting to do all the maintenance... I flushed the coolant and replaced it with engine ice... now I have an issue... after normal riding ill shut the bike off and ill hear the bike "boiling"
It never did it b4 (like 6 official rides)

*I have a 40 second video but not sure how to upload it.
Did you burp the air out of the cooling hoses..??..That's the usual suspect one forgets after coolant change...!!
remove the radiator cap, start the motor, let idle & squeeze the lower hose several times to get the air bubbles out of the cooling system..!!

Videos..You'll need to upload to an video platform.. usually YouTube then link to the video in your post..

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Was it your problem? My coolant is boiling too
If you recently changed your coolant & it's over heating/boiling...Then yes it could be the problem...open the radiator cap look into it as the motor is running & see if it's circulating...squeeze the bottom radiator hose with pliers a few time to burp any air out...

If your symptoms remain, check the pump's impeller for wear or damage & make sure it turns...!

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Everything is fine do you know another thing i could look at
Coolant level is low..?

Clogged radiator cooling fins with dirt debris & insects not allowing air to pass through..?

Does your fan come on..?. Check the 10 amp fuse & relay to be good..?

Motor idling is too high..?

Also a lean fuel mixture can cause overheating

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dust devil can you take a look at a post i did days ago? It is water temp light on after 5min of riding. I change my water temp sensor and test it and he is fine. My fan works and i cleaned thourougly my rad. I've run engine ice and there is no change. I take a look at my water pump impeller for wear and damage and she is fine and she turn.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Dust devil can you take a look at a post i did days ago? It is water temp light on after 5min of riding. I change my water temp sensor and test it and he is fine. My fan works and i cleaned thourougly my rad. I've run engine ice and there is no change. I take a look at my water pump impeller for wear and damage and she is fine and she turn.
Your quote from your other thread... My mods: full yosh rs2, fci with air box, quadworks power box, exhaust cam stage 3 and intake cam stage 2 (both hotcam) and a JE 12,8:1 piston. Thanks for your help.

Is this the quad works your using.. see picture

It's possible your running a extreme lean fuel mixture causing higher combustion temps,

and what octane fuel are you using...12.8:1 piston needs 93~94 octane..

Also is your radiator full of engine ice...?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes i m running this box but i tried to give him more fuel by ajusting the box. I am running 91 oc. yes he was full of egine ice but now im running april coolant cause the temp outside where i live is a lot below 0°C

·
Registered
12 Posts
The problem is that my light come on just when im idling or near the rpm of idle. 10 sec after i began to run she turn off . My quad is running fine and when i take a look at my spark plug i see that i am not too poor

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
The problem is that my light come on just when im idling or near the rpm of idle. 10 sec after i began to run she turn off . My quad is running fine and when i take a look at my spark plug i see that i am not too poor
The water temp light is also the DFI diagnostic circuit indicator..

You might have a bad sensor electrical connection or wire shorting/breaking in your wiring harness..

Make sure your battery is fully charged 12.8 volts standand.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dust devil my light still come on but after a while but my coolant is still boiling. I think my raditor cap cant hold good pressure. I dont have the tool to test it. Do you think it coulb be that?

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Dust devil my light still come on but after a while but my coolant is still boiling. I think my raditor cap cant hold good pressure. I dont have the tool to test it. Do you think it coulb be that?
Does your fan come ON before it's boiling...?

Are you sure the coolant is circulating...?

Do you idle the motor without moving long periods of time or putt around slowly with little air blowing through the radiator...?

Another possibility is a faulty water temp sensor causing a lean fuel mixture..?

Low fuel pressure will cause a lean fuel mixture..?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts