KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
When putting the clutch back together, I slide the clutch basket on the shaft, push it all the way back, then there is a gear washer (with teeth) When I slide that gear washer on the slotted shaft and push it all the way to where it meets the clutch basket, it settles on flat part of the shift to where I can spin the gear washer freely on the shaft. Is that how it is supposed to be or should the teeth of the gear washer stay on the teeth of the shaft?

Please let me know

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This washer.?..(clutch lever pulled it spins freely, Clutch lever released is to lock onto shaft)..Make sure to install with the stamp mark facing out... see pictures
Yes 92200A (only "notched" gear washer) once it slides over/past the matching notches on the shaft, it "seats" on the rounded (not notched) section of the shaft (just in front of the clutch hub) and I can spin that washer freely by hand (before I put the clutch basket on) on the shaft because again it's passed those notches(grooves) on the shaft.

I think the notches on that washer (92200A) are just so you can get it over the notched or grooved section of the shaft . This notched washer only really servers as a "spacer" OR are you saying it will move on and off the notched section of the shaft while shifting(engaging the clutch) ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This washer.?..(clutch lever pulled it spins freely, Clutch lever released is to lock onto shaft)..Make sure to install with the stamp mark facing out... see pictures
Hmmm.... I wonder what will happen if the washer was installed the wrong way... I just put a Hinson clutch in my quad... now I'm starting to wonder what way I put my washer on... Do you know what will happen if this is installed the wrong way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts