KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping somebody can help me out here. I was riding my kfx 450r and my chain snapped and it cracked my case. As far as i can find you can only order left and right side cases. So im wondering if it can be welded and not have to worry some people have even said JB weld will do. Also while im in there im wondering what ill need to order to get it back together and also what i should do just to avoid tearing it apart again. Im not certain but it looks like it has a moose poly case saver already anything that will offer more protection. Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
That sucks man. Looks like you might need new cases since the chain bound up like that causing everything in the transmission and engine to come to a dead stop there may be some internal damage to your transmission or engine. Ive bought a few quads in the past with holes in the case from the chain breaking that can sometime be fixed with jb weld or welding but in your scenario idk..

·
Registered
68 Posts
cracked case

I had a Warrior and was riding it in a creek full of rocks and stuff. When we parked I had a puddle of oil under my quad. Took it home and JB welded the bottom. Rode it 15 years after that with no problems That JB weld is good shit

·
Registered
171 Posts
That looks bad. JB Weld is great stuff but fixing that may be shooting for the moon. I'd start looking for a bottom end if your head is still in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about having a guy tig it if it looks bad ive been out of town working but if i were to order this kit what else would i have to orer to rebuild it right other then the case of course? 0https://m.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Rods-Wiseco-Top-Bottom-End-Rebuild-Kit-Kawasaki-08-13-KFX450R-Piston-Crank-/131343814431

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts