KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Obviously, its most important that health of our members is first priority. A close second is the case saver as I lost my chain today and *almost* killed my case. Any updates before I put on my new chain?
Glad your case was spared.

I've still been the hold up due to the crash. Right now the plan is to supervise the install on Tuesday.

Gonna test these muscles on the way down there. Should be an interesting day.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Getting any better duster?
Thanks for asking...

Man this has been a miserably slow recovery. I don't even know how else to describe it beyond that. It's very frustrating to say the least.

At present, my back quarter is still substantially swollen and with it is topical numbness. By back quarter I mean from a bit above my pelvic crest down to a bit below my hip joint and around to the center of my back and down.

It's swollen plenty enough to keep me in stretchy pants even when the swelling is down. The topical numbness is enough that I can't feel a thing on the surface. So I will often hurt myself, not realizing it until it gets to be enough that it reaches through the numb layer. The insides and muscles etc still hurt a lot under the numbness.

The best way I can describe it is that it's like having a king kong bee sting that just happened. Worst bee sting you ever had times 200.

The frustration is that as the swelling goes down, it hurts worse of course, particularly around the perimeter where the feeling comes and goes. As the swelling increases, it also hurts a lot via pressure and I guess re-irritation and re-damage of nerves.

Likewise the more I improve it seems the worse things hurt too which is quite frustrating. Progress in one way and regress somewhat in another way sucks.

Doing things that irritate it hurt quite sharply. And I think as some of the nerves are making a comeback that's painful. And I think as things shift downward and effect areas that weren't part of the impact area new pains come with that.

Right now I am most concerned with getting healed up. But in the back of my mind I am real concerned with the physical therapy that is going to be needed once I'm able. Flank, ab, back, buttocks and pelvic muscles are going to need some painful work.

Right now, the psoas, iliacus, picteneus, quadratus lumborium, and another muscle from the back into the buttocks is rough. These are very painful at times. Stabbing, ripping, burning pains... and they are all weak obviously. The ones off the frontal side of the pelvis down towards the leg hurt the most often and the ones in the back to butt hurt a little more sharply less often for less duration.

I think best case I am looking at several more weeks before I'm healed and can start to PT.

Today I was able to make a 30 minute drive without having to stop and get out of the car. So that's a new hurdle. It's coming along. Just slower than I'd like.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It is very unfortunate what has happened to Duster, no one wishes for that to happen to anyone, we really hope he gets back on his bike soon!

Now I dont wanna come out as a dick, but i think we can agree that what happened is no ones fault, me like every one else would rather have Duster review this part then any other person, he is the kfx Guru, but in reality he has been out for a while, granted it is not his fault, but been that he hasn't been able to test it, why not just send it to another member??

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I emailed feedback lastnight.

I still need to get the pictures and things together yet.

·
Super Moderator
9,608 Posts
Getting any better duster?
Thanks for asking...

Man this has been a miserably slow recovery. I don't even know how else to describe it beyond that. It's very frustrating to say the least.

At present, my back quarter is still substantially swollen and with it is topical numbness. By back quarter I mean from a bit above my pelvic crest down to a bit below my hip joint and around to the center of my back and down.

It's swollen plenty enough to keep me in stretchy pants even when the swelling is down. The topical numbness is enough that I can't feel a thing on the surface. So I will often hurt myself, not realizing it until it gets to be enough that it reaches through the numb layer. The insides and muscles etc still hurt a lot under the numbness.

The best way I can describe it is that it's like having a king kong bee sting that just happened. Worst bee sting you ever had times 200.

The frustration is that as the swelling goes down, it hurts worse of course, particularly around the perimeter where the feeling comes and goes. As the swelling increases, it also hurts a lot via pressure and I guess re-irritation and re-damage of nerves.

Likewise the more I improve it seems the worse things hurt too which is quite frustrating. Progress in one way and regress somewhat in another way sucks.

Doing things that irritate it hurt quite sharply. And I think as some of the nerves are making a comeback that's painful. And I think as things shift downward and effect areas that weren't part of the impact area new pains come with that.

Right now I am most concerned with getting healed up. But in the back of my mind I am real concerned with the physical therapy that is going to be needed once I'm able. Flank, ab, back, buttocks and pelvic muscles are going to need some painful work.

Right now, the psoas, iliacus, picteneus, quadratus lumborium, and another muscle from the back into the buttocks is rough. These are very painful at times. Stabbing, ripping, burning pains... and they are all weak obviously. The ones off the frontal side of the pelvis down towards the leg hurt the most often and the ones in the back to butt hurt a little more sharply less often for less duration.

I think best case I am looking at several more weeks before I'm healed and can start to PT.

Today I was able to make a 30 minute drive without having to stop and get out of the car. So that's a new hurdle. It's coming along. Just slower than I'd like.
Have you had your injury checked for a sterile abscess or clotting to be forming...???

I had one (sterile abscess) on the back of my leg due to a motorcycle spill in high school that formed a blood clot that required surgery to drain & remove the clot...!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I emailed feedback lastnight.

I still need to get the pictures and things together yet.
That is good news Duster...
Are you feeling better??

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I was having a good day and felt up to the challenge of the hill down to my quad. Steep grades are the worst thing still. Riding in a car is the next. Then bending or stooping. Then anything else that I try to do for more than 30 minutes is about all the same.

Healing is going about as expected. It will be 12 weeks tomorrow.

I will probably cave and go see a doctor again next week maybe. To my understanding this just takes a long time to get better. But I may need to go in for another CT scan to see how the hematoma is doing as far as the body reabsorbing it, etc.

I didn't really want to be cut open and end up with drain tubes and a catch bag on my side. The recovery time was estimated at about the same, possibly quicker naturally. So I have been trying that route.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I was having a good day and felt up to the challenge of the hill down to my quad. Steep grades are the worst thing still. Riding in a car is the next. Then bending or stooping. Then anything else that I try to do for more than 30 minutes is about all the same.

Healing is going about as expected. It will be 12 weeks tomorrow.

I will probably cave and go see a doctor again next week maybe. To my understanding this just takes a long time to get better. But I may need to go in for another CT scan to see how the hematoma is doing as far as the body reabsorbing it, etc.

I didn't really want to be cut open and end up with drain tubes and a catch bag on my side. The recovery time was estimated at about the same, possibly quicker naturally. So I have been trying that route.
Glad to hear you doing better. Rest as much as you can and dont be doing wrong movements or things you shouldn't do so your recovery is more effective.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well duster is satisfied with the final design and I believe it to be the best possible design for our 450s
I have 2 in black and two in white ready to ship. Pm me for payment info if your interested. They are 55$ shipped

The one in the photos I didn't have the right bit and melted the plastic but the ones you will get won't be. I don't have pictures of the ones without the melted areas around the mount bolts.

These are exact fitting and you literally have to bump it with your had to get it to go on completely. They are extreamly tight against the webbing and the stator/starter case to divide the load and to reduce the shock of the impact of a broken chain. They also guard the shift position sensor completely along with the shift shaft because that is also a weak point in our cases. There is not a single place it does not protect to its fullest abilities. These will not fail and you will not break anything in the case of a chain breaking or derailing.
These will fit a 13-15 tooth sprocket and have been test fitted. I stand behind my products, if you have any issues contact me and I will fix it to the best of my abilities.

Pictures below

41 - 60 of 73 Posts