KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
08 KFX450R, PROCOM ECU, FULL YOSHI PIPE, VELOCITY INTAKE, BILLET STEERING STABILIZER
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys purchased a 08 a few years back and just getting around to doing some much needed upgrades. So I initially intended on just checking the valve clearance and adjusting if needed, and updating my existing Lexx pipe and stock header to a Yoshi, but when pulling the header I noticed a lot of carbon build up so decided to pull the head an do some cleaning. When pulling the head I noticed that the cam position ring was kind of just floating there in the groove of the cam bearing and made a small indentation on the head. Not sure if this is common or something I should be concerned about. After looking at the position rings, I am going to order some new ones.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Hey, guys purchased a 08 a few years back and just getting around to doing some much needed upgrades. So I initially intended on just checking the valve clearance and adjusting if needed, and updating my existing Lexx pipe and stock header to a Yoshi, but when pulling the header I noticed a lot of carbon build up so decided to pull the head an do some cleaning. When pulling the head I noticed that the cam position ring was kind of just floating there in the groove of the cam bearing and made a small indentation on the head. Not sure if this is common or something I should be concerned about. After looking at the position rings, I am going to order some new ones. View attachment 28607 View attachment 28608 View attachment 28609 View attachment 28610 View attachment 28611 View attachment 28612
It's normal, when the cam holder is torqued down the retainer clips are secure & don't move...careful not to damage the rubber O-rings on the oil pipes & Also be careful not to drop the 2 copper oil pipes into the crankcase..."hard to fish out" if you do...

·
Registered
08 KFX450R, PROCOM ECU, FULL YOSHI PIPE, VELOCITY INTAKE, BILLET STEERING STABILIZER
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I appreciate your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts