KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

Bumpers, Nerfs, and more

5K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  fatv 
#1 ·
I will have a KFX450 avail. to manufacture my stuff for WAY before they comeout. So i hope to have products ready as soon as they are in the store.

FUELATV

#6 ·
Fuel,

Keep us posted with the latest pics and info. :D

I hope this old man don't have a heart attack and die, :unsure: before I get to see more pics. ;)

#9 ·
Junkie ....... this would be the PERFECT bike for the wife.
FUELATV
[/b]
Perfect bike for the wife? I would have to guess that this bike is going to be FASTER than your LT knowing that its going to weigh less (with a aluminum frame and a narrower suspension) and that the LT's engine isn't anything special. I guess time will tell.

You say your going to have a bike six months before its released? I've heard from my source that its going to be a early fourth quarter release. You should have one available to you now if thats the case. What are you hearing about when its going to be released?

#11 ·
Perfect bike for the wife? I would have to guess that this bike is going to be FASTER than your LT knowing that its going to weigh less (with a aluminum frame and a narrower suspension) and that the LT's engine isn't anything special. I guess time will tell[/b]
Loosen up...if Yoshimura/Suzuki was pulling back power hit via fuel programmers in the mid-range due to wheel-spin, how can you say the motor is nothing special?

Try to relax a little man

#12 ·
My guy is in tight with Kawi ....... He says there are 4 in the USA right now. He was told first quarter 07 release. It was a joke ..... i want him to say its for her .... you know .... so he can get one for him?
FUELATV
[/b]
I hope your guy is wrong as I can't wait that long! I heard KTM should have one of thier new quads on the market about that time as well. I feel like its back in the mid eighties when all those three and four-wheelers from all the major players were hitting the market (ATC 250R, TRX250R, Tecate, Tri-Zingers, Banshees, Quadracer, Quadzilla, etc.). Times are good once again!

#13 ·
Loosen up...if Yoshimura/Suzuki was pulling back power hit via fuel programmers in the mid-range due to wheel-spin, how can you say the motor is nothing special?

Try to relax a little man
[/b]
What I mean by nothing "special" is that Suzuki took well over 2 years longer to bring their 450 to the market (compared to Honda, Yamaha, and Cannondale) and the Suzuki engine doesn't bring anything new to the market and doesn't produce the kind of power I would expect from a company that had several years to improve upon what was already on the market. Like when the YFZ first appeared in June of 03, there was not another 4 stroke on the planet that could compare to that engine in the quad market. I would have thought Suzuki would have been able to improve on what Yamaha introduced especially with the extra time they had but the Suzuki doesn't produce any more power than what the three year old design YFZ does. And actually, the YFZ was based on their WR400 dirt bike engine that has been out sinse the late nineties. Either goes to show you how good a job Yamaha did with their engine or how Suzuki can't really produce a cutting edge design. I'm not trying to dog Suzuki as I really liked my LT-R450's and even the Z400 I use to own as well. Its just that Suzuki is always playing follow the leader instead of being the leader themselves when it comes to engine designs.

#15 ·
What I mean by nothing "special" is that Suzuki took well over 2 years longer to bring their 450 to the market (compared to Honda, Yamaha, and Cannondale) and the Suzuki engine doesn't bring anything new to the market and doesn't produce the kind of power I would expect from a company that had several years to improve upon what was already on the market. Like when the YFZ first appeared in June of 03, there was not another 4 stroke on the planet that could compare to that engine in the quad market. I would have thought Suzuki would have been able to improve on what Yamaha introduced especially with the extra time they had but the Suzuki doesn't produce any more power than what the three year old design YFZ does. And actually, the YFZ was based on their WR400 dirt bike engine that has been out sinse the late nineties. Either goes to show you how good a job Yamaha did with their engine or how Suzuki can't really produce a cutting edge design. I'm not trying to dog Suzuki as I really liked my LT-R450's and even the Z400 I use to own as well. Its just that Suzuki is always playing follow the leader instead of being the leader themselves when it comes to engine designs.
[/b]
:huh:

They brought fuel injection to the market "sorta", of course it was going to use a motor similar to the rmz450 and all the others.

#16 ·
I dunno about which LTR YOU are riding...must be one of the slower yellow ones...but mine eats YFZ's and pukes them out...I think Suzuki did an excellent job of their powerplant design...
Lets face it...there's not alot new under the sun..but they have done a great job in my opinion...lowered center of gravity with the crank design....a dry sump (which every race engine should have) ...throttle response that cracks like a whip...EFI 2 years ahead of every other 450...and we're already proving that with very little engine work these things will push 60 hp...

I dunno how you can honestly say your let down by that machine...but everyone has their own opinion...

The only thing I'm let down about is that the other 3 haven't come out with anything to compete...hopefully soon...this is a great time to be a quad buyer... :banana:

#21 ·
Is accesories (bumper/nerf bar everything like that)will get to the canada or we will have to wait for month before having some accesorie for the 450?(i'm living in quebec and it will be snowy at this time so it's almost certain that i will make a snow jump and without nerfbar bar,snow is not as rought as dirt but leg don't like it when they go under wheel.. :eek: <_<

#22 ·
Well so i hear anyway. Their are only about 4 KFX450's in the USA. Maybe true may not be true, but this is what Kawa is saying to my guy. He is saying that it will be released the same way the LTR was. Febuary or early march. We will see. I will be buying one either way.

FUELATV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.