KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up guys?
My KFX450r has been down for over a year. Dune season is right around the corner and I’ve been too busy with life to enjoy a good dune trip with my riding buddies.
1. KFX450r motor is done. Stock bore stock stroke with a high comp cp piston and mild porting. + the big 3 Intake, exhaust, pcv.
2. start switch is bad . No power to the fuel pump. Ecu is bad . Wire harness may have a short. TPS is also bad.
3. A arms are installed. New set of Renthal bars. And tranghese design stem plate bearing is on.
4. Needs tuning. Thinking of ditching pcv.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hey what’s up guys?
My KFX450r has been down for over a year. Dune season is right around the corner and I’ve been too busy with life to enjoy a good dune trip with my riding buddies.
1. KFX450r motor is done. Stock bore stock stroke with a high comp cp piston and mild porting. + the big 3 Intake, exhaust, pcv.
2. start switch is bad . No power to the fuel pump. Ecu is bad . Wire harness may have a short. TPS is also bad.
3. A arms are installed. New set of Renthal bars. And tranghese design stem plate bearing is on.
4. Needs tuning. Thinking of ditching pcv.
View attachment 29144
Looks good! Get it finished up.
PcV Is the way to go for tuning.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! Get it finished up.
PcV Is the way to go for tuning.
thanks bud. Will do
looks like ecu could be bad.
I have a new oem on the way from Partzilla.
how’s your bike running?
Any one up for a Pismo or Glamis trip?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
thanks bud. Will do
looks like ecu could be bad.
I have a new oem on the way from Partzilla.
how’s your bike running?
Any one up for a Pismo or Glamis trip?
Yea it might be. I’d check the whole harness out.

It was running great before I wrecked bad in the dunes.
I finally ordered parts to put it back together after 7 months. Might try to go to the dunes next April.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts