KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm new to the Kfx and the world of fuel injection, and I'm lost on what to do with my build soo any advice will be greatly appreciated. I know what I want to do just don't know how to go about it... the motor is disassembled and I'm stuck at deciding on parts. I've already port and polished the head.. ive got intake, full exhaust and now I'm at a blank... here's what I'd like to see stroked crank( dunno how far to stroke?) High compression 13.8:1( yes ill be running 110 race fuel) cams I'm unsure of and programer I'm unsure of like I say I'm new to fuel injection... I'm lost big time help me out guys lol

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Make sure to get a good rod. Most people use the Power commander 3 or the Procom ECU.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
If you've got a good port/polish and a good valve train, you should be able to run either Hot Cams stg 2 or 3 pretty well with it. The stock crank and rod are weak on this thing, so don't think about running over 13:1 unless you run a Carillo rod with an upgraded crank. Or you could go to Max Power and get their 507 stroker kit. Like was said before, a Power Commander or similar programmer along w/a good dyno tune is the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
9,909 Posts
Ok guys I'm new to the Kfx and the world of fuel injection, and I'm lost on what to do with my build soo any advice will be greatly appreciated. I know what I want to do just don't know how to go about it... the motor is disassembled and I'm stuck at deciding on parts. I've already port and polished the head.. ive got intake, full exhaust and now I'm at a blank... here's what I'd like to see stroked crank( dunno how far to stroke?) High compression 13.8:1( yes ill be running 110 race fuel) cams I'm unsure of and programer I'm unsure of like I say I'm new to fuel injection... I'm lost big time help me out guys lol
Someone who can help you is Green450R he's got a 496cc stroker in his KFX...

Here's a thread he started...http://www.kfx450hq.com/forums/engine-efi-drivetrain/9030-broke-another-case-wtf.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts