KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if it was possible to move my brake reservoir from my bars down to under the plastics? or is this not possible?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Anything is possible lol... But why??

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
no the reservoir needs to be higher than the cylinder because it is a gravity feed system.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
yes in order to do it you would need to use one of the master cylinder's with the removable plastic tanks. then use lines to run to a remote tank. the problem you run in to is there is no way to put it below the plastics and still have it gravity feed the cylinder.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know the lever is attatched to the res but i was wondering if i move the master cylinder and the res all together and use a cable to activate the master cylinder that runs from the brake lever to the master cylinder to activate it. i was just thinking that it would look cleaner and not have a block of aluminum bolted to the bars. idk it was just a thought.

·
Registered
880 Posts
if i move the master cylinder and the res all together and use a cable to activate the master cylinder
Big job, but that could work.
Depending on what kind of riding you are doing, you might be able to run a larger bore rear master and a proportioning valve. Then you could run the front and rear brakes with the foot pedal. Totally clean bars then. If you do that, you need to run a Rekluse and throw off the clutch lever so both sides match.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
You still need a clutch with the rekluse surely.. That doesnt transform it into an automatic. Haha

·
Registered
880 Posts
You still need a clutch with the rekluse
The original z-start rekluse eliminated the clutch lever unless you purchased the optional over-ride kit. The EXP has to have the lever to adjust the gap but the core EXP I have in mine adjusts the gap on the pressure plate, so you could throw the lever off of mine no problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts