KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything over 1/2 throttle feels like cutting out and bogging down. It did it before but now, with the big 4 installed, it really emphasizes it. Im going to test the pump tomorrow. Anything else i should test while im at it?

Luckily 1/2 throttle now feels like full throttle would stock lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can tps be adjusted or only replaced?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Do you have a fuel controller?? If so the tune may be off which could cause your symptoms..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a procom but it was doing this before the procom just not as bad. Ive only tried map 6 but i really doubt its a tuning problem. It runs fine anything under 1/2 throttle.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I would still experiment with the tune just to eliminate that as the problem.. Ive had tuning issues with very similar symptoms as you have. Can't hurt to try lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I definitely will. Thanks barney. I should probably research myself before asking but this sensor adapter just makes it easier to test or easier to adjust?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It does both, it plugs into your tps and gives you a voltage reading so that you can view/adjust the voltage. It's like 15 bucks on eBay. Well worth the $

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got it. So is it 3(red)=positive; 2(black)=negative; 1(white)=ground? Once i have it plugged in how do i actually adjust the voltage? What do you guys do with the exposed connectors while riding?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
What is it reading?

You have to loosen the torx screw on the tps and rotate very slightly.

It sucks if you have to adjust... best thing to do is slide the meter probes between the rubber sheath and metal for hands free operation and just lay the meter on the peg. It usually takes more than one try at tightening to have it in range once tight.

Anything from 0.58v to 0.64v is fine.

Increasing the voltage above 0.62v just enrichens the entire range.

Oh, and I just leave mine plugged in. The connectors are shielded so I don't worry about it. I clean them out regularly with electrical cleaner is all. Once you unhook the wire from the TPS once, you'll understand half of why... and the other half is it allows me to check the TPS at will any time. Best $15 spent on the quad so far.

·
Super Moderator
9,775 Posts
Just got it. So is it 3(red)=positive; 2(black)=negative; 1(white)=ground? Once i have it plugged in how do i actually adjust the voltage? What do you guys do with the exposed connectors while riding?
If that's the sensor adapter your talking about...
+ to yellow
- to brown wire

TPS wire reference

Yellow/white stripe= Signal 0-5v

solid light blue= reference 0-5v

brown/black stripe= sensor ground

Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have a volt meter , just splice the yellow wire coming out of the tps e , find a good ground and hold the positive on the bare wire you've just exposed , when I got mine it was reading 0.00v lol not good. .so to adjust the tps ( kinda tricky since the frame is in the way ). Lossen the hex bold just a bit and you move the tps up or down depending what voltage you wanna read. Really sensitive so take your time , I put mine at .64v closed

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I put mine at .64 as well. It seams to start better & even accelerate a little harder off the bottom.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tps was in spec but i still adjusted to .64v but still not running right. Seems worse actually. Anything over 40% throttle its feels like its misfiring. Im thinking its the spark. Its got a new plug and revs smooth and fast without load. Any suggestions on where to start testing first.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Most common causes of this are bad fuel, low fuel pump pressure, bad ignition coil, bad spark plug cap and bad injector.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If that's the sensor adapter your talking about...
+ to yellow
- to brown wire

TPS wire reference

Yellow/white stripe= Signal 0-5v

solid light blue= reference 0-5v

brown/black stripe= sensor ground

Attached Thumbnails
Can you please post a link for this on eBay?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts