KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Breezewood today.changes I made to the Shocks worked perfect. I was feeling good. But the thrid lap I stabbed the throttle and it went blahhhhhh. Changed the plug ran great for three more laps. Cupple of other guys had Kawies lucky that's where I got the plug. They said chrage the battery for a little that's what there's did when it got a little low on juice. Charged the battery. Bam same thing three laps and then it starts bogging really bad.
Please help.
I'm tired of this thing breaking on me
It's not the headgakset coolant level is fine

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
9,624 Posts
Test you fuel pressure 43 psi constant 1800~11,000 RPMs might have a dirty pump filter...Fuel Injection Pump Injector Tester Test Pressure Gauge Gasoline Cars Trucks | eBay
Ok thanks. Ill have to get that one.
Do you think it could be anything else. I'm on my way home now so I really can do anything. Except play on my phone
Yes! it could be your battery not holding a charge due to low electrolyte level...test your battery's charging system..

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
True. Could also be a stator going out and not charging good when hot.
Also could be a coil going south, or a spark plug boot.

Ah, the good ol process of elimination huh? I know I hate it too.

While we are on the subject... what do you say to opening a sealed AGM battery to check levels? Low... add distilled water?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Test you fuel pressure 43 psi constant 1800~11,000 RPMs might have a dirty pump filter...Fuel Injection Pump Injector Tester Test Pressure Gauge Gasoline Cars Trucks | eBay
Ok thanks. Ill have to get that one.
Do you think it could be anything else. I'm on my way home now so I really can do anything. Except play on my phone
Yes! it could be your battery not holding a charge due to low electrolyte level...test your battery's charging system..
that is fine it was at 14.1 V

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Wow dude... that is serious cut out.

Do you have a way to test your TPS?

If so hook up to it and see what the voltage is when this is happening?

You gotta go through that ugly process of elimination to figure this out. Seems electrical though because it don't start until good and hot.

TPS
Coil
Spark Plug Cap
Crank Sensor
Fuel Pump
Injector

There are tests in the manual for all of them and all of them are easy but the injector which is least likely also.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
One thing I notice is I see no black smoke when this is happening.
Do you smell unburned fuel or not?
What are you using for fuel control?

Do you have dash lights?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I can test my tps. I can hook it up to my laptop and see what rpm that is if you want. Ok I will have to go through and print them out and start the process.
No I don't smell anything unusual
I use a power commander 5
No dash lights

·
Super Moderator
9,624 Posts
Yeah I can test my tps. I can hook it up to my laptop and see what rpm that is if you want. Ok I will have to go through and print them out and start the process.
No I don't smell anything unusual
I use a power commander 5
No dash lights
What's the battery's charging voltage/rate at Idle and at WOT...should increase as you throttle up to full throttle

example;
Idle should be above 13 volts and at WOT should climb over 14 volts...

If it reads 14.1 volts at Idle and at full throttle, your battery is bad...

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
You may have a damaged wire some ware?id run threw all the electrical connection check for corrosion/Knicks!mine did the same but olny w a load and it ended up being the fuel pump!

·
Super Moderator
9,624 Posts
It was 14.1 at idle. When I revved it it went the voltage dropped below 14.1. Didn't try it at full throttle
your battery is bad having a shorted/dead cell...!!!
Buts it's a brand new battery just bought it today
If your battery is fully charged at 12.8 volts and the charging rate drops when adding throttle, your fine...!!

Is the problem of it bogging still there...??

If so, check your fuel pressure next 43 psi constant from 1800~11,000 RPMs...!!!

1 - 20 of 263 Posts