KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 kfx450. At the moment what I can see, it's running a Lexx exhaust.

When I'm cruising, after I pull in the clutch the bike will randomly shut off. Almost like maybe the idle might be set too low but I tried adjusting the valve and didnt make much of a difference. Guy told me there was 91 in it. Air filter looks a little dirty. I was thinking going aftermarket air filter but dont know if I need a tuner for this. I've had Honda 450r's in the past so this is my first Kawasaki so I wanted to ask you experts on here.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...!!!

Do you know if the air Intake tube is stock...If it is..then no you don't need a fuel controller...

If you upgrade your air intake system you'll need a fuel controller like the LTR mod or FCI..see picture for comparison

Does the F.I/water temp dash light remain ON when the motor is running or shuts off when the fuel pump primes before starting...??

It could be bad gas... you might want to empty the fuel tank & put in fresh gas & a new spark plug...NGK CPR8EB-9 is recommended for the KFX...

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts