KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 kfx450r I've done a few things to it and just wanted to know about what kind of numbers to expect from the mods I did they are as follows.....
Msd blaster coil
Dasa full exhaust
Ltr intake tube with stock box no lid
And a procom set on map 5
So lmk what you guys think i have a 14/38 setup also

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have a 08 kfx450r I've done a few things to it and just wanted to know about what kind of numbers to expect from the mods I did they are as follows.....
Msd blaster coil
Dasa full exhaust
Ltr intake tube with stock box no lid
And a procom set on map 5
So lmk what you guys think i have a 14/38 setup also
probably about 44hp

I would use map 7.
Also I’d switch to 15/38 gearing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks ill try the 15t on the front and if my pipe starts glowing again should I go up on fuel or down i never understand why it does that

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Ok thanks ill try the 15t on the front and if my pipe starts glowing again should I go up on fuel or down i never understand why it does that
Use map 7 it’s more suited for your mods

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i will also i was reading a few things and was thinking about cams now and was wondering if I put a stock kx450f intake cam in would it be worth doing or would i have to do both

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Ok i will also i was reading a few things and was thinking about cams now and was wondering if I put a stock kx450f intake cam in would it be worth doing or would i have to do both
For most just the kx intake cam is perfect

it offers a 1.5hp gain on its own

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks again and I was looking at oil cooler and was wondering if the oil filter cap porting is the same in the kx450f and the kfx450r because i don't want to spend 450 on a kit when I can get a cheaper one that is the same thing but all I have to do is make a bracket for it

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Ok thanks again and I was looking at oil cooler and was wondering if the oil filter cap porting is the same in the kx450f and the kfx450r because i don't want to spend 450 on a kit when I can get a cheaper one that is the same thing but all I have to do is make a bracket for it
I’m not sure on the oil cooler.

its not a necessity, the kfx needs oil changes very often anyways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts