KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
yea i think he either bs'd bout how it got that way or how bad it is someone asked for pics he starts sayn its stuff u cant really notice in pics haha heck he might not even own a KFX450R

·
Registered
248 Posts
wow people on that site ( some people really dont know what their talkin bout )

"Im pretty sure the YFZ has a wider wheel base. (YFZ 50.4" and KFX 49.4")"

a yfz is 1 tenth of an inch wider than the KFX?? and its not 50 its 46.1 inches while the KFX is 46 inches

i understand early rumers had the KFX at a race ready 49. somethin inches but still wow miss information and that frame stuff i wanna see pics cuz i got a friend took his out to a friends track hit a 100ft triple and its on video i saw it in person two if i had the camra i would put it on here and landed it and had no problems same person 3 months befor took his 06 yamha yfz off that same jump nice landing and wham frame broke in half right bout the foot pegs ( was surprised the swing or a-arms didnt break or something)

he bout a new yfz frame to race with took motor everything from the broke one swaped them

rumors are rumors so untill i see pics or maybe 5 riders saying the same things on different sites so forth i wont belive it just high hope u could say

·
Registered
39 Posts
The guy who posted has been around for years and is very knowledgable and races MX. He even does reviews. he's been very pro KFX since he got it, but this has left a bad taste from what I've read. This is his own quad and not a hearsay from someone else.

There is another guy on Kawiriders that said a guys KFX front end collasp on him and he broke his neck from the accident.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny thing about crashes it's always the track, riding surface or Quad's fault. The owner blames the manufactory for a design flaw or bad alum weld or poor A-arm design. Crashes are weird and terrible things, the earth is just flat hard. And just a simply roll at the right place and right angle could have cause that much damage. Kawasaki or any manufactory can only design so much toughness (lack of better word) into each unit. I guess what I’m trying to say “hit something hard enough or at the right place and something will break”. And Off-road riding of any type can do that. Know your skill level and be safe. Have good time riding your quad whatever it is !!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny thing about crashes it's always the track, riding surface or Quad's fault. The owner blames the manufactory for a design flaw or bad alum weld or poor A-arm design. Crashes are weird and terrible things, the earth is just flat hard. And just a simply roll at the right place and right angle could have cause that much damage. Kawasaki or any manufactory can only design so much toughness (lack of better word) into each unit. I guess what I’m trying to say “hit something hard enough or at the right place and something will break”. And Off-road riding of any type can do that. Know your skill level and be safe. Have good time riding your quad whatever it is !!!![/b]
So true. Seen accidents you swear you would of totaled the quad, but very little damage. Then others where it didn't look bad at all, but had way more damage. It all it how you hit, and what angle which can cause the most issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why did they use an aluminum frame anyway, the YFZ and TRX are still lighter according Dirt Wheels. Is it because aluminum doesn't rust?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Why did they use an aluminum frame anyway, the YFZ and TRX are still lighter according Dirt Wheels. Is it because aluminum doesn't rust?[/b]
This is not new technology, it's used to reduce weight and increase frame rigidity.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't believe this. For me the frame on my kfx looks whole lot a more durable than yfz's. And check out those a-arms. Do you seriously think they are something that is near to failure? Nope. I don't believe it!! - somebody is probably trying to blame the new product for his own fault.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You gotta questions someones motive for maken this crap up. So unless your saying this is Honda or some other company bashing the new bike why would a guy make it up. Lets see some photos homeboy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
He is as credible as anyone can get. if he says it, it happened. I stiil don't think that there is a flaw, mi think it was just "one of those things". Time will tell.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree. One isolated incident and everyone is panicing. People are lookinng for a reason to bash or question the integrity of every new quad (or product) that hits the market. I remember when every thing in the after market was junk. You had to buy factory parts for quality. The frame will be fine. If there is a problem, kawasaki will recall it and fix it for free.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts