KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 3rd trail tech vapor fail within a year. Seems like moisture finds its way into the display unit after a few months. Has anyone had a similar experience?. The manufacturer said that they had a bad run of o rings but the latest unit was supposed to be the good one. Lasted 3 months. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
The vapor I had lasted for a couple years with zero issues. Guess you got them all from a bad batch or I was just lucky.

I actually had a couple of them, A silver one and black ones. Never had a single issue out of either. I'd like to have the GPS one for my kfx's now. Maybe one day. They are costly.

·
Super Moderator
9,608 Posts
Just had my 3rd trail tech vapor fail within a year. Seems like moisture finds its way into the display unit after a few months. Has anyone had a similar experience?. The manufacturer said that they had a bad run of o rings but the latest unit was supposed to be the good one. Lasted 3 months. Any ideas?

Mine went bad due to the Arizona desert heat that warped the display & of course trail tech exchanged it free...! I now remove it & bring it inside when the quad is in storage to prevent it to happen again...

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a trail tech mounted to a set of flex bars? I'm looking for pics of a nice install. Sucks that they don't have a better setup that bolts right in without cutting up +/ or drilling into the crossbars and bar pad. For $400 you'd think they would have a better option.

·
Super Moderator
9,608 Posts
Does anyone have a trail tech mounted to a set of flex bars? I'm looking for pics of a nice install. Sucks that they don't have a better setup that bolts right in without cutting up +/ or drilling into the crossbars and bar pad. For $400 you'd think they would have a better option.

Here's the trail tech mount I'm using...measure your bar clamp bolts center to center...Bikes with 90-106MM bolt spacing

Vapor Striker Trail Tech Protector Top Mount Kit Honda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki TM | eBay

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice mount, thanks!. I wish the mounting tabs were on the top of the unit instead of the bottom. That way I could have it on the other side of the bar clamps to read it easier.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Mine worked good the first yeah then all the semsors and the display act up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts