KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently fixed up my kfx 450r that i bought off a friend. I changed all the brake pads and put new fluid in. I was able to bleed my front brakes with ease but my back brake is being a pain. I have it where there is no air in the line but still i have no pressure. Can someone help?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bleed it from the master cylinder connected to the foot pedal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The back brake on the KFX is a pain in the a** to bleed.
yep. Unhook the line, pump it up and hold your finger on the end of the master cylinder. Most efficient way.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The one by the foot pedal. If their is air in the master cylinder you'll never pump it all the way through the line.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ok this worked for me. Take a hose that fits over the bleed screw at the caliper, put it over and tie the pipe up to the grab bar. If you say there is no air in the line then bleed into that pipe as you would without it there. I actually opened the bleed screw(that has the hose over it ) and tapped/hit the break lever down a few times like 10 or so then went back to bleeding it as normal keeping the hose on the bleed screw. I would do it like that tonight and tomorrow bleed as per normal. Mine bled to where i felt the feedback better after i bled it the day after using the hose method. Hope it makes sense.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
God I have fixed everything on this kfx. But bleeding the back brakes have stumped me.I have tried what you said but still no luck. So please someone just keep throwing me ideas on how to do bleed them. Much appricated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts