KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install my ASV levers and ran into some problems. #1 The clutch cable is too long. I read about barrel extensions, but i cant seem to find them anywhere online. #2 There is a switch on the underneath the clutch lever that i have no idea what it goes to. Is the switch necessary? If so how can i relocate it? #3 is there anything i should be worried about when installing the brake lever like the problems that i ran into on the clutch side? Thanks guys for any help. This was supposed to be a 10 minute install!! Lol

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm trying to install my ASV levers and ran into some problems. #1 The clutch cable is too long. I read about barrel extensions, but i cant seem to find them anywhere online. #2 There is a switch on the underneath the clutch lever that i have no idea what it goes to. Is the switch necessary? If so how can i relocate it? #3 is there anything i should be worried about when installing the brake lever like the problems that i ran into on the clutch side? Thanks guys for any help. This was supposed to be a 10 minute install!! Lol
The switch is a safety switch so you cant start it in gear without pulling in the clutch and it can be disabled by cutting the switch off and tying the 2 wires together. I installed my lever with the stock cable and didn't have any issues. brake went on with no issues.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Simply unplug and remove that safety switch for ur clutch. Doesnt work with the asv levers. Ur cable should work fine... What asv package did u get? Im assuming f3s since ur removing factory clutch perch... Dont see how u could have any issues.. Maybe adjust ur cable a little. U have two adjusments for removing slack. One is on the perch and the other is in line with ur cable

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you have the regular perch you need the barrel extension which it should have come with. If you have the pro perch you don't heed the extension. Like others said, unplug the wire under the hood, cut the wires near the plug on the lever side, connect the two together and then plug back in.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
If you have the regular perch you need the barrel extension which it should have come with. If you have the pro perch you don't heed the extension. Like others said, unplug the wire under the hood, cut the wires near the plug on the lever side, connect the two together and then plug back in.
I dont believe i cut mine.. Its been so long.. I coulda swore i jus unpluged and was good to go

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the f3 shorty levers. It just seemed like there was way too much length in the cable. At least 1.5" more slack than with the stock clutch lever. I'll give it a try again tonight and post my results.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does it have the pro perch with a big red quick adjust wheel or the regular perch with a black wheel that is basically a lock nut?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I dont believe i cut mine.. Its been so long.. I coulda swore i jus unpluged and was good to go
If you just unplug the wires, it will start only in neutral. If you jumper the wires, it can start in gear, but it doesn't know if the clutch is pulled in or not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it have the pro perch with a big red quick adjust wheel or the regular perch with a black wheel that is basically a lock nut?
I have the regular black adjuster that pretty much a lock nut.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just when you think you did plenty of research..... I think i shouldve gotten the "pro" version. They are a bit pricey though! $175? CRAZY!! But now it seems to be the better option. One barrel extension barely works. Gonna need two of them to fit properly. Thanks for the great info. Ill mess with the switch next. I dont mind starting in neutral all the time.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Ya hes right. If u cross the wires it will start in any gear wether the clutch is pulled or not.. I also got the f3 shortys. But i got the holiday pro pack. It came with an extra barrel neck that i didnt have to use..

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
My other levers on my kx have the red adjuster.. Same with every other f3 pro package ive seen. On my kfx its black. And its the big adjuster not the 4 legged one on the regular perch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts