KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard nothing but good things about the handling on the kfx450, but what about the power? Anybody race any yfz's or ltr's? I'm sure they're all stock still but still curious about the power. Hopefully they're competitive with the yfz in a drag race.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will be racing mine Sunday, I am going to break it in today. I will let you all know how it does. 2hr Hare scramble this Sunday at Haspin Acres. This is what this thing was built for :banana:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I will be racing mine Sunday, I am going to break it in today. I will let you all know how it does. 2hr Hare scramble this Sunday at Haspin Acres. This is what this thing was built for :banana:[/b]
Ahhh, Haspin Acres. That is where we hold TrikeFest. If ya wanna see some fast guys on THREE WHEELERS...you should swing in June 20-24th. They race MX on Saturday. Some VERY wicked trikes this year. YZF 450 engined Tri-Z....450R engined 350X. YZF 426 Conversion, Full on MX ATC250Rs...1 CR500 powered ATC..Most of the guys run aftermarket suspensions too. www.3wheelerworld.com Go check it out.

On Monday June 25th, I will be racing MX on mine...IF IT EVER MAKES it to the USA!!! Still waiting...GRRRRR!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kinda sux. I got money down...got my name in all the local dealers too. Got a call from one. "One on the truck...be here TODAY (yesterday), come on down" I asked what color...he didn't know. I told him I have yet to see a Green on in the hands of us mere mortals. I didn't wanna drive the 1 hr + to go see which is would be. He put me on hold...called up his supplier, or whatever and found out which it was. NOT GREEN. Turns out, NO GREEN ones have made it to the USA yet. Only white and black. I kinda had the idea to buy the white one, then get the new green plastics later in the summer, but the wife put the kabosh to that. I tried! LOL... Oh well, more waiting. It BETTER be worth it. I would hate to drive it thru the plate glass window of the dealership if it is a POS and they don't stand behind it! LOL... can ya say POSTAL?? hohum, hohum....SpeedBump<<<<<------sittin here daydreamin.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Well there are Green ones in the USA as one of my fabricators got a green one from Kawi 3 weeks ago. Now i have not seen any green ones for sale at dealers yet. Sucks you have to wait EVEN LONGER .........

FUELATV

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's wierd. in CT the only ones I've seen in dealers have been green. So you're waiting to see a green one while I'm waiting to see black and white ones.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As far as HP goes, the California emission shows the 450 with 42.7BHP. So I would say it will have about 35-37hp at the wheels. So it looks like the Kawi will be right where the other 450's are.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kinda sux. I got money down...got my name in all the local dealers too. Got a call from one. "One on the truck...be here TODAY (yesterday), come on down" I asked what color...he didn't know. I told him I have yet to see a Green on in the hands of us mere mortals. I didn't wanna drive the 1 hr + to go see which is would be. He put me on hold...called up his supplier, or whatever and found out which it was. NOT GREEN. Turns out, NO GREEN ones have made it to the USA yet. Only white and black. I kinda had the idea to buy the white one, then get the new green plastics later in the summer, but the wife put the kabosh to that. I tried! LOL... Oh well, more waiting. It BETTER be worth it. I would hate to drive it thru the plate glass window of the dealership if it is a POS and they don't stand behind it! LOL... can ya say POSTAL?? hohum, hohum....SpeedBump<<<<<------sittin here daydreamin.[/b]
Aren't these bikes made in the U.S.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
FUELATV, I noticed that you removed the baffle and the lid on your KFX.
Did you notice much difference in power?

I'm asking because I know the stock LTR exhaust is very well designed, in fact it is basically like an aftermarket slip on with a baffle.

How is the inside of the KFX's exhaust?
Is it a "straight tube" like an aftermarket slip on?

Thanks

P.S.
On a side note, I noticed the KFX has a 42mm throttle body, much bigger than the competition (LTR's throttle body and YFZ/TRX's carburetors).
Together with the 32bit FI, it should be able to make some serious power! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts