KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wandering if anybody on here from WV was going to the Pickens poker its this weekend on the 31st and all proceeds go to the March of Dimes.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yep that is really what got me back into racing... a charity event.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it in between Elkins and snowshoe if your coming from SnowShoe going towards Elkins you take a left right past Mingo at the 3 way and fallow that road until you get to Pickens. its a huge ride like 200 quads this past spring. it makes like a 46 mile figure eight and makes the cross in town so you can refuel and fill the beer coolers back up. here is a link to a site about the one this past spring Pickens, WV - Annual ATV Run if you want to see what its like there is video of it all over YouTube. its $10 a person to ride all day and all proceeds go to March Of Dimes on this one. and best hand wins but they also have individual card draws for smaller rewords like hats and fish poles and such. there is huge hill climbs, mud bog's, jumps, and a lot of trails.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
here is some video's of this spring.
that hill really is steeper than it looks on video. here is a couple others.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to find some good footage of it but I guess everybody is too drunk to video tape it. its more or less a party on quads. I don't drink but the guys I ride with are smashed by the end of it. the town open its doors and lets you drive quads on the town streets but from what I can tell its always like that in Pickens because they don't have a police department or any cops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts