KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Your quote from the previous page (Ecu is stock as far as I am aware)

Can you take a picture of your ECU & post it...I need to confirm it's OEM stock or other...!

Stock OEM pictured below
Yup it's the same.
Ok..Can you do a Self diagnostic to check for DFI errors...?

Just to see if anything else hows up...?

There's an orange wire in a black pouch under the hood...ground the orange wire to the frame & turn on the key...the F.I light will blink if any codes are present...!

See pictures below...
Yes have done that, comes up with nothing unless I unplug something then it will throw me that code.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts

There's an orange wire in a black pouch under the hood...ground the orange wire to the frame & turn on the key...the F.I light will blink if any codes are present...!

See pictures below...
Yes have done that, comes up with nothing unless I unplug something then it will throw me that code.
I'm thinking a bad ECU pin connection...Did you stick a pin into the ECU front connector & not the back of the connector to test...The female pins can spread apart causing a bad connection...I had to replace mine due to a bad pin terminal...

see picture ( sorry for the fuzzy pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm thinking a bad ECU pin connection...Did you stick a pin into the ECU front connector & not the back of the connector to test...The female pins can spread apart causing a bad connection...I had to replace mine due to a bad pin terminal...

tested from the front, I thought/hoped bad pin also. Pulled plug apart like shown in your pic and looked for touching or anything out of ordinary but seen nothing. Went to the extreme yesterday of pulling all of the pins out of each spot and physically looking over each one individually. Know of any used ecu's cheap to try another?

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Can u purchase the plug end separately somewhere? Just the black piece?
Unfortunately no, you'll need to purchase a new or used electrical harness...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

See pictures below...

If the pins were making contact in the plug, wouldn't I see a bit of continuity/ohms between the y/g and one of the pins around it? Cause I can't find any with any of the pins around it.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts

If the pins were making contact in the plug, wouldn't I see a bit of continuity/ohms between the y/g and one of the pins around it? Cause I can't find any with any of the pins around it.
A loose connection can cause your symptoms locating it is the hard part...You can try & buy another ECU & down sensor & see...

You can take it to a shop... I don't know what else I can to tell you...!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Can u purchase the plug end separately somewhere? Just the black piece?
Unfortunately no, you'll need to purchase a new or used electrical harness...
08,09,10, then 11-14 all are different part number and prices for harness. Are they all the same and or work on any year
All the spec are the same 08~2014...Seat cover & plastic color & decals are the only changes through the years...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts