KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in an unrelated topic, so i thought id post it here also!

If anyone is thinking about a Gusset kit... on the aluminum frame, you best make sure you have a good welder install it, and make sure its TIG welded. MIG welding can weaken the frame.

As for the frame in general, everyone is going to have to take care of them, protect all areas from wear, beside your boots and the under side. Aluminum does have alot more memory then steel (it will stretch much farther and come back to its original state). But it also can get strectched and will tear, not crack like steel will. An aluminum frame will not straighten back out like a steel frame will, bring it back and it will most definately brake. So for those of you insuring them, PUT colission on them. And dont forget, an aluminum frame will rought from the inside out. Winter riding will be hard on them!

And i for the side sections of them frame, they are Cast, any blunt force and you will be in a world of hurt! Keep them protected!

And i cant wait for everyones feedback on the bikes... its an exciting bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've yet to get a chance to REALLY examine the frames.

BUT, if they are ANYTHING at all like the Cannondale frames.....there really isn't that much to worry about. They may not be that good though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats the only thing keeping me from getting one right now. I live in Iowa and love riding in the snow and I am worried about how the frame will hold up. I think I am going to just throw on full skids and see how it works for this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Believe me, coming from a two and a half year Cannondale WORCS racer.

Corrosion isn't a problem whatsoever on C-Dale frames, can't see that it would be different with the KFX's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts