KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I bought this case saver for my KFX. I run a 15t sprocket, si the fitment is tight. I ended up shaving some of the inside of it so it has some more room to play. I haven't run it yet, think ill have issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Should be fine. The poly case saver is even tighter with no issues

·
Registered
557 Posts
I was thinking about getting a tusk case saver also. How good are they for protecting the case if the chain breaks. I know the poly is the best one but it's a bit expensive

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
They are ok, better than oem. But Not as much protection as the poly.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ok, looks like poly is the way to go. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ya it does. The drw one is nice

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Good choice.

The poly case savers are the way to go because of how they fit everywhere and as a result how they distribute the lashing force of a broken or derailed chain.

The trouble with the ones like alba is they distribute all the load on the mounting bolts. I have seen them save the case from a minor issue but still break one mount hole. So the case is not busted and pouring oil, but....

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use it , but since someone above said they still got chain wack I will be switching ASAP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was going to go with the Moose poly case saver, but after looking at those DRW Performance case savers I think I'm going to go that route. Those things look like they are built very nicely! The one thing that I really like is that they cover the sprocket! Thanks for posting up the link for those checkedout!

Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts