KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a lot of research for what type of suspension I wanted to put on my quad. Over the last few weeks I've been in contact with most of the major suppliers on what set-up and price they could do on a KFX450. I decided to go with PEP, but here's an up-to-date list of vendors and their prices:

PEP suspension from Baldwin Motorsports
ZPS PB-1 Front shocks - starting @ $1190
Send in factory rear shock-- rebuilt with dual rate springs, re-valved for your weight and style, set up to match new front shocks - $360
Total= $1550

Custom Axis suspension from Hygear
DA front and rear shocks= $1999.99

Exit suspension from ZBroz Racing
Fronts - $1395
Rear with ARS/FX linkage - $1074
Total= $2469

Fox suspension from Hygear
Float X Evol fronts and Podium X rear= $2100

Motowoz suspension
ZPS frons - $1550
Dual rate rear - $935
Total= $2485

Hygear also had a good price on a package deal which included rebuilding your factory suspension, new Houser standard travel A-arms, and extended axle and brake lines - $1999.99

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Do those pep's have no adjustments or something? 1190 is cheap for brand new. Baldwins site says starting at $1995 for pb1's. I know they are $1550 for just compression adjustment.

·
Registered
523 Posts
There's some used PEPs on here. Check with atvgalaxy.com I got fox for a YFZ front for like $1150 new

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The PEPs I ordered are only rebound adjustable, not compression adjustable.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hmmm thats odd. Youd think you would want compression over rebound. Still seems very cheap for pb1's.

Sounds like you got a sweet deal!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm thats odd. Youd think you would want compression over rebound. Still seems very cheap for pb1's.

Sounds like you got a sweet deal!
You might be right on that, I can't remember which one.. I just took the advice of Mark @ Baldwin and went with the least expensive option for my "entry-level" class B build.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've been doing a lot of research for what type of suspension I wanted to put on my quad. Over the last few weeks I've been in contact with most of the major suppliers on what set-up and price they could do on a KFX450. I decided to go with PEP, but here's an up-to-date list of vendors and their prices:

PEP suspension from Baldwin Motorsports
ZPS PB-1 Front shocks - starting @ $1190
Send in factory rear shock-- rebuilt with dual rate springs, re-valved for your weight and style, set up to match new front shocks - $360
Total= $1550

Custom Axis suspension from Hygear
DA front and rear shocks= $1999.99

Exit suspension from ZBroz Racing
Fronts - $1395
Rear with ARS/FX linkage - $1074
Total= $2469

Fox suspension from Hygear
Float X Evol fronts and Podium X rear= $2100

Motowoz suspension
ZPS frons - $1550
Dual rate rear - $935
Total= $2485

Hygear also had a good price on a package deal which included rebuilding your factory suspension, new Houser standard travel A-arms, and extended axle and brake lines - $1999.99
We have better deals on the Axis, Motowoz and Fox shocks than the posted prices above if anyone is looking for suspension give us a call. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts