We’ve been hearing rumors about a new 450 racer from Kawasaki for the past two years. Well, we can finally confirm that the rumors are true: Kawasaki is preparing to release a new high-performance model to dealers very soon! Our sources inside Kawasaki sent us this latest batch of spy photos, which give a little more insight as to what we can expect from Team Green. We already mentioned that the new KFX450 would come with an all-aluminum chassis, new 450cc engine (strikingly similar to Kawasaki’s dirt bike motors), Electronic Fuel Injection, electric start and reverse. These new photos give a better look at the aluminum frame and reinforced aluminum subframe. We also noticed the following features:
* Front shocks that come with a single dual-rate spring and reservoirs for better shock oil cooling and longer performance without fading
* Renthal handlebars
* Race-style plastic fenders with integrated front number plate
* The rear disc brake rotor is a drilled wave-style for faster brake cooling
* Aggressive Dunlop Radial Tires with reinforced rear sidewalls in sizes 22x7x10 up front and 20x10x9 in the rear
* Rear wheels that come with reinforcement rings on the inside of the rim for better protection against rock damage to the bead.
From what little information we have so far, we’d hazard a guess that this machine is geared toward the cross-country racer, aggressive trail rider or sand duner looking for a high-speed thrill. With a few tweaks here and there it should also be a competitive motocrosser. We’re curious as to how many pounds Kawasaki was able to shave off using the aluminum chassis (and we’re working on finding that out, too). Our sources tell us this machine could be in dealerships as early as September.
There’ll be more information coming our way about this new quad. We’ll keep you posted.
83.9 KB Views: 1,395
84.3 KB Views: 1,069