KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I race and ride in the So Cal deserts, so the stock tires were not a good fit for my riding.

Here are a few pictures of my stock quad vs my KFX700:

and now a few pictures after my upgraded tires:

:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
That would be great for trail riding and I'm sure you have geared it down or will. Personally for me though those tires would be like balloons.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice lookin man!! expect a wee bit more top speed!! haha[/b]
Thanks, yep picked up quite a bit. I have not measured top speed yet.

That would be great for trail riding and I'm sure you have geared it down or will. Personally for me though those tires would be like balloons.[/b]
Racing in a desert scramble with the stock tires == :barfspin: . I hit about every rock that was in the desert. I could not clear anything as I was just too low. Then I ended up with a couple flats on the left side. :( 6 ply are the way to go for desert pounding! :D

I have not geared down. Not sure if I will bother or not. I have lost some low end pep, but I plan on doing intake, exhaust, and PC III mod, so we'll see after that if I still need to gear down.

all deends on what he rides, like for him those tires will be great. For me o the mx track, i doubt they would be too good hahaha[/b]
Those Razr 2's are HEAVY. I ended up gaining 5 lbs per tire in the rear and 1 lb per tire in the front. 12 lbs of unsprung weight gained. Not the best for MXing I have to agree. I'm already scoping out another set of tires for the track. I just have to hide them from the wife when I get them :lmao:

That would make 3 full sets of rims/tires I plan to keep for my quad.
  • Desert - Razr2's on stock rims (for now)
  • Motocross - ITP MXR6's on Douglas .160's
  • Sand - Hauler/Mohawks on Douglas .125's
Expensive.... yes, but I plan to ride year round! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts