KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any1 running a wheel spacer? Im looking into maken the quad a lil bit wider but im not sure witch way to. Any1 with any imput would be greaty appreacited!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
on the rear is OK for the light duty rider but on the front it throws the geometry way off from the shocks to breaking,,, it's a no briner no spacers on the front.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shadey @ Jul 2 2008, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
on the rear is OK for the light duty rider but on the front it throws the geometry way off from the shocks to breaking,,, it's a no briner no spacers on the front.[/b]

yeah i figured that much, im just looking for a lil more help on stoping the quad from 2 wheeling i just set up the suspension today and it made a huge imporvment im just looking for a lil extra in it

·
Registered
509 Posts
I never got around to putting them on the rear (nor front for that matter) so i can't say for sure but suspect for moderate riding they'd be ok (to your point Shadey). I rode with a few people that had them on their kfx in the dunes and didnt get any negative feedback.

·
Registered
769 Posts
A few of my friends that race with me run wheel spacers front and rear and haven't had any problems and they race hard. But I believe that they are buying their time until something breaks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ben_Johnson @ Jul 2 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A few of my friends that race with me run wheel spacers front and rear and haven't had any problems and they race hard. But I believe that they are buying their time until something breaks.[/b]

thanks alot guys! With the hipers i just put on my quad i bleaive it sucked the rear in a few inchs i dont know what it was stock but when i measure it,it comes out to be like 46" lol my buddys renagade is 51 lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
G-force makes extended hubs for 90 bucks, I would think that would be stronger than spacers. JMO

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (braceyaself @ Jul 1 2008, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah i figured that much, im just looking for a lil more help on stoping the quad from 2 wheeling i just set up the suspension today and it made a huge imporvment im just looking for a lil extra in it[/b]

Other things that may help. Lowering the center of gravity on the bike, slow down the rebound and compression in the front and proper tire pressure.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jar @ Jul 16 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
if u use wheel spacers you bend your axel, ive done it...
and extended hubs break, they are made of aluminum.[/b]
Yeah, one of my friends I mentioned before who hadn't had any problems with them yet, just bent his axle last race.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts