KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
2 days until race time and I have a frame with a motor in it. LOL Before I saw the forecast calling for rain on race day, I got overzealous with my cleaning and disassembled the quad more than usual. Now I have a really clean quad to ride in the mud.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
This past weekends race. Had a good first 2 Laps then the last 2 Laps kinda sucked. Made silly mistakes and lost time. Bike ran great and I felt fine, just wasn?t able to finish as strong as I wanted.

https://youtu.be/CoMxFnw_i0g

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
With 1 race left for the season and only 1 small mechanical issue back in April at Rd 2, I have to say that my 10 year old KFX is performing exceptionally well. Always has. A dirty fuel filter was the only thing that happened all year. A quick and cheap fix and I have been issue free the rest of the season. It helps when I don?t smash into a tree and I do a lot of preventive maintenance. I shopped around for a new YFZ late last year and am glad I stuck with the KFX.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Gonna try out a hydraulic clutch for the last round of the ‘17 season. Points are pretty much locked already, so the worse could happen is I lose a few points, but will still finish in the same spot. The pull of this thing is super smooth and easily 1 to 2 finger pull.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ran the final round of the season today. Finished the day 2nd in class and 18th overall. Finished the season 2nd in class.
I tried a Magura hydraulic clutch today and I can say with 100% certainty that hydraulic clutches are awesome! Super light pull and it was 1 less thing to fatigue my hands (especially since it was cold today).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I helped with the mini race Saturday morning. I can say it was a blast helping the little kids. The smiles on their faces when they were done was awesome. I ran thru the woods like a deer for the whole hour bouncing from one kid to the next helping them. Next time i?m Bringing a bike and riding sweeper.

Attachments

41 - 50 of 50 Posts