1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the 2017 VXCS schedule:

3/18-19 NCCAR Garysburg, NC
4/1-2 Lake Sugar Tree Axton, Va.
5/20-21 Outdoorsman Park Martinsville, Va.
6/10-11 3 Oaks Chase City, Va.
7/15-16 Jibtopia Semora, NC
8/19-20 SME Dillwyn, Va.
9/16-17 Birch Creek Danville, Va.
10/7-8 Elkhorn Lake Java, Va.
11/4-5 Wicomico Charlotte Hall, MD

Check out their website for more info: VXCS.org - Home

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm gonna try to hit all of them. I should be able to pull it off this year.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
You know... I look at that schedule, and not for nothing I'm telling ya... that's a pretty darn sensible schedule to me in a way.

You don't get a summer break, but you do get 9 races in during daylight savings time and the races are only once a month instead of every other weekend and sometimes back to back weekends.

If it wasn't for the distances for me, I think I would have to consider this series very hard. You all know how it is sometimes. If things go a little sideways or if you are pretty busy during the week it can get to where it seems like you spend all your free time cleaning, wrenching and prepping to beat the clock and make the next race.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The once a month racing schedule is the biggest draw towards the VXCS series vs. Mid East for me. I love racing and riding, but like you said, having to do a race or an all day Saturday wrench session every weekend gets old quick. A big plus for me is that 90% of the VXCS races are closer than most of the MEHS races. Less driving all the way around. The series isn't as big as the MEHS, nor is it ran as smoothly, but there is some good folks racing it and I think the owner/operator does a good job.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
So far there has been 2 VXCS races this season. First one was at NC Center for Auto Research (NCCAR). Its an automotive test facility with a paved road course, woods and a very nice level, gravel parking pad for RV parking. Good woods race. Weather was nice, dirt was perfect and the race was fun. I got a terrible start as usual, but worked my way around some folks and had a respectable top 20 overall finish. Round 2 was in Virginia @ Lake Sugar Tree MX park. I had bike troubles and could not get it fixed in time to actually race, so I grabbed the camera and headed to the woods to take pics of the race. The course looked fun and the weather was nice. Got some good pics. Round 3 is in a few weeks and it is back up in the general vicinity as LST. The quad is fixed (had a fuel filter decide it wanted to be changed out) and the quad is running real good. Tweaked the TPS to get it to start a little better and was able to actually get a good start at last weekends GNCC race. Was 3rd going into turn 1. Usually I'm last or next to last into turn 1.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
6 of 9 races completed for the VXCS. Have had a decent season so far. Holding 2nd (first loser) in class for the season. Except for round 2 no mechanical issues. The KFX has been running good and strong. Did a mid season engine swap over to my freshly rebuilt back-up motor (original motor wasn't as smooth and quiet as the back-up when I tested it after the rebuild) and that was a great decision. This thing is smooth as silk and quiet as a church mouse. We have had a mud race, 2 dusty races and a couple perfect mix races. The crew that runs the series have done a good job with running the races.

We had races at an auto test facility, a wake board riding park, one at a MX track facility and even one out in the middle of nowhere. Good variety.

In addition to a good season, I got some new parts (oversized gas tank and new CV4 hoses) in the mail this week, and now time to get them installed.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The next round at Birch Creek is a GP style race. Wide trails, MX track and 2ea 45min motos. Sounds like a lot of fun

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nicelyb,

I can't believe I haven't noticed this thread sooner! Thanks for posting this up and the pics of your races!!! Sitting 2nd overall in your class is nothing to be ashamed of, you're doing a great job and representing the KFX nicely! :tango_face_wink: Looking at the type of terrain you are running on this looks like the type of racing I would love to do!!! I'll never be able to do the mx type racing you see a Chad Weinen or Joel Hetrick do but from what I've seen of the type you are doing this might be right up my alley!

Please keep us posted on how things go with the remaining races and how the season turns out. Also, keep those action shots coming, cool as hell to see and it does look like the folks running the series are doing a great job from the pics you've posted.

Tony

·
Registered
378 Posts
Damn Nicelyb, you HAVE been at this for a little while! Cool pic of you getting some air on the 250r from back in the day!!! Do you still have that quad by chance???? I've never done any racing on quads or dirtbikes, all my racing kept me well planted on the asphalt lol. Is it stupid to be in your early 40's and learning how to jump a quad like I am lmao!?!?

That woods racing you are doing looks like an absolute blast. There is no way in hell I would make it to the end of one of those long races, at least not until I get my ass in shape. I've watched some videos of the racing action and it looks like a good challenge navigating all the obstacles and people steering you towards them.

Anytime you have video post that stuff up, love watching the videos of those races and some of the crazy stuff that happens!

Thanks again for posting all the cool pics and keep hauling ass in the races! Sounds like you might be getting the starts nailed down a little better as the season progresses.

Tony

1 - 20 of 50 Posts