KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quad is torn apart to get a freshen up for next year, Who else is doing the same?

Will have pics of mine up soon!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You gonna get the frame PC'ed a diff color?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You gonna get the frame PC'ed a diff color?
Yes, Sandblasting next weekend. :)
The purple has been fun and different but its time for something a little more straight forward.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Haha i agree, have u decided on a color yet?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nice its gonna look good. Best of luck on the rebuild and next season :tups:

·
Registered
836 Posts
yep just waiting on parts now im putting on

-fci airbox
-walsh steering stem and clamp
-stg 2 hot cams
-je 12.8:1 piston
-getting bottom a arms painted and powder coated lime green
-bling star back grab bar
-dominator 2 axle
-trp hood (if they ever get back to me on one)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
nice you'll like the gloss i love mine
waiting on some parts
some is for Christmas too
-stage 2 cams
-painting air box-metallic green or a dark metallic blue, bumper grab bar-gloss black
-fourwerx hood
-trp under-hood
-maybe a fourwerx under-hood when the guy starts making them
-six5designs chain slider
-some maintenance things

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Nice man!scott what's your ground clearance with the bike just on the ground I no its torn down but if ya remember let me no!man my mx build has been underway for a few weeks I got the bike on the ground today with tires even thow there my xc tires I just wanted to see how it sat its pretty damn tall man I'm gtn worried still gta setup shocks but it seems too high!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Most of my kawi is at powdercoat right now(matt black) engine is getting rebuilt next week. Should have it together and forsale:( in a couple weeks. Then Honda build #1 starts going to a two bike operation for 2013

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Scott i sent you some emails. Sorry it took so long things have been hectic around here.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice man!scott what's your ground clearance with the bike just on the ground I no its torn down but if ya remember let me no!man my mx build has been underway for a few weeks I got the bike on the ground today with tires even thow there my xc tires I just wanted to see how it sat its pretty damn tall man I'm gtn worried still gta setup shocks but it seems too high!
I dont know what ride height was, I never measured it after I changed shocks at the end of the season, really dont remember what it was with the fox's either, sorry. Something I probably should have know but didnt..

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I can help you with the simple stuff on MX setup Prityboy.

It's been 20 years or so for me but those basics like that you are asking about have not changed and I think I remember pretty good.

Just email me.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Thanks Duster I'll get a hold of you about it once i get more of my parts in.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So for my rebuild, so far have lined up:
Powdercoating Gloss Black: Frame, Electronics mount, Seat Posts, Maybe more

New Parts:
Quadtech Hood (bought used), New Quadtech Super G Hump seat, Custom Seat Posts, White Rear Plastic/Black Front, Custom Spastic Designs Graphics All over the quad. Maybe some new tires.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whats the super g hump seat? The same as the normal hump seat?
It is quadtech seat leith tough rubber sides, name and #. This will be first one they make for Kfx so might be a good while

1 - 20 of 425 Posts