KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been messing around with my kfx450r monster edition for a long time already and im at the point of quitting. Little side track needed new rings when purchased put new rings and then after first start up ever owning it came to this issue. So the quad fires right up like instant no issues in that, idles perfect and when i rev it up it sounds good if stab the throttle very quick it sometimes chokes up but thats not the issue. My issue is when i start driving it it has full power right about when im like 3/4 of full throttle it bogs up then i switch to second and it takes off again and 3/4 bogs up again and so on... Ive put a brand new spark plug, checked valve clearance timing chain all good, bought new fuel pump and filter ( not the whole system ) bought tps sensor adaptor checked and its good... what could be my issue or where to look what to look?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Might need a fuel adjustment.

Weak spark under load.

Regulator in the fuel pump assembly is weak or the screen before it is clogged.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am running the pcv with autotune and fci.
Your having either a loss of air or too much fuel at the top end so it it bogs.

Make sure
Your air filter is clean
Could be a clogged injector
Your ignition coil may be going bad.
Make sure the vacuum hose from the throttle body to the map sensor is good and tight.

If theres something wrong with the map sensor the ecu wont know the current engine load and may throw off the injector, causing a the ecu to add to much fuel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts