KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have read a few threads about this already about the wires on the clutch perch and that all seems to be working when i pull the clutch in i can here the relay clicking under the hood but i unplugged it under the hood and ran a jump wire just to double check and it still didnt work need help

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Its probaly your relay cause mine does it and thats what they said it was a while back i havent got around to it i think its one of the 4 under the hood but not sure which one

·
Super Moderator
9,934 Posts
In neutral when it starts is it slow cranking or cranks at normal speed...??

If you jumped it and it still won't start, could be the auto decompression spring fell off or the starter needs to be looked at...!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It starts normal speed I mean with a charger on it it does start a little faster but that's normal probably sometimes it takes a while to start though and I have to let it sit for a few

·
Super Moderator
9,934 Posts
It starts normal speed I mean with a charger on it it does start a little faster but that's normal probably sometimes it takes a while to start though and I have to let it sit for a few
Does the starter do nothing when trying to start in gear, no clicking...!!!

Check the battery's voltage... 12.8 volts full charge...!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just follow the wired from your clutch mine always get pulled out of its plug so I cit the wires and spliced them together so I would never have that problem in a race.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the battery in it is to small i think but i did that already i unplugged it at that switch under the hood and ran a jump wire and it still didnt work i herd that relay click when i connected the loop wire which is the same thing i herd if i just pull the clutch in so i believe it almost has to be relay if your standing in front of the quad looking at it the one clicking is the far right one so idk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts