KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I need some help with my quad, its not wanting to start. No spark. Cranks over fine. Fuel pump will prime. All fueses are good and have power with key. Following the test in the online manual ive found what seems to be issues. When I ohm the crank sensor it shows open. Cool, problem solved. So i order one. Put it on, still wont start. Still no spark. Ohm the new sensor. Its also open. So i send it back for a new one. New one shows up and i test it before putting it in and it also shows open. Now, i know how to work a mulit meter. Im a mechanic. But just want to make sure im testing this right because i find it hard to belive ive got 3 bad crank sensors. Im checking for resistance across the white and blue/yellow wire going to the crank sensor.

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your post. I have the manual and have already checked codes. this is why I am testing the crank sensor. My problem is according the manual you have to ohm out the sensor and look for a specific ohm value. All 3 of my crank sensors (original and 2 new ones) have tested open. I'm just making sure the manual is correct in this test procedure.

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Thank you for your post. I have the manual and have already checked codes. this is why I am testing the crank sensor. My problem is according the manual you have to ohm out the sensor and look for a specific ohm value. All 3 of my crank sensors (original and 2 new ones) have tested open. I'm just making sure the manual is correct in this test procedure.
Is your ECU stock or a Procom...? Procom Engineering

3 bad crank sensors/pulse coils...You might have a short on a negative pulse circuit such as the ignition coil or injector nozzle...??

BL/w wire on the ignition coil or BL/R wire on the injector nozzle...see pictures below

Do you use a tether kill switch..?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts