KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an all stock 450r and just quit running like it was out of fuel. It has spark, fuel has 43psi, injector seems to be working fine oil is good. If I bump start it down my drive way it will start but I have to keep it at higher RPM or it dies. What can I do?

·
Super Moderator
10,258 Posts
Also has no codes
Check the throttle body manifold rubber boot is tight & no air leaks into the cylinder...!

Is your motor stock or has mods...?

Make sure the choke is pushed in.!

Check your TPS is in range.. (see pic)

Make sure your battery is fully charged 12.8v standard..!

Check the valve clearance between cam and valve lifter
Standard:
Exhaust 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm (0.0067 ∼ 0.0087 in.)
Inlet 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm (0.0039 ∼ 0.0059 in.)
If the valve clearance is not within the specified range,
adjust it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,258 Posts
Yes motor is all stock I’ll let you know what happens with the tps an valve I’ve done the rest already
Also check the spark plug for rich or lean fuel mixture, thus run motor if you can for a minute or two then pull the spark plug,
Your water temp sensor might be faulty..

Check your charging system if you can ...

Check your ground connection by the starter & fuel tank mounts to be tight..

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Battery seems to be fine and turns over perfectly grounds are good now spark plug was dry carb boot or intake rubber is good to looked up how to do valve and I need bushings but I will check the gap and tps I need a specific tool to do it or is there another way to test?

·
Super Moderator
10,258 Posts
Battery seems to be fine and turns over perfectly grounds are good now spark plug was dry carb boot or intake rubber is good to looked up how to do valve and I need bushings but I will check the gap and tps I need a specific tool to do it or is there another way to test?
The Valves you'll need feeler gauge & Shims 94pcs 9.48mm Valve Shim Blade Feeler Gauge for Concours ZG1400A KFX450R VN900 | eBay

Torx 40 to loosen the TPS screw Lisle 26620 T-40 Torx Bit Socket | eBay

TPS adapter Part # 57001-1538 NEW 2003 GENUINE KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-6R ZX 6R SENSOR ADAPTOR 57001-1538

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OK this is what I found when I line up the cam marks to the top of the cylinder I am in specs of valve clearance but the timing mark on the side of the case is way off dose this matter and the piston is at top dead center?. I think it may be 180 out

·
Super Moderator
10,258 Posts
OK this is what I found when I line up the cam marks to the top of the cylinder I am in specs of valve clearance but the timing mark on the side of the case is way off dose this matter and the piston is at top dead center?. I think it may be 180 out
Double check count 29 pins between timing marks...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
It’s all good as well .619 and 3.70 wot
Am giving up am just going to take it in to the shop
Fuel pressure is at 43 psi
Timing is good
TPS is good
Compression is good
Spark plug is good
Injector looks to be doing what it should be
Stock air intake
battery is good and fully charge
Took off main ground sanded reinstalled
Update
[email protected]$k me I wanted to try one more thing before I put the bike back together to take to the shop so I went a got a new spark plug after I seen the one I had was kinda on the orange side in color when arking off the frame and I knew it should of been more blue or white looking and the Bi$&h started right up FML… thank you @Dust Devil for you help I Learned a lot at the bike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts