KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stripped out the oil drain and had a heil coil installed but still leaks oil is my only option a new case? If so where can I find one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I'm not a pro with this by any means, but at that rate I personally wouldn't do anything and just check it frequently. However, if you are dead stuck on getting it fixed up, there are additives you can put in your oil that help stop leaks and are only a few dollars. I've used them in several small engines as well as full sized vehicles over the years, but never on a machine this fine tuned. They usually work pretty well, but I'd wait to see if anyone else on here knows how safe they are to use on a kfx.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm not a pro with this by any means, but at that rate I personally wouldn't do anything and just check it frequently. However, if you are dead stuck on getting it fixed up, there are additives you can put in your oil that help stop leaks and are only a few dollars. I've used them in several small engines as well as full sized vehicles over the years, but never on a machine this fine tuned. They usually work pretty well, but I'd wait to see if anyone else on here knows how safe they are to use on a kfx.
Thanks for the advice I’ll see if it gets worse. The radiator fluid also never goes down but my fan kicks on all the time any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the advice I’ll see if it gets worse. The radiator fluid also never goes down but my fan kicks on all the time any thoughts on that?
I don't know much about the radiator systems on the kfx. But I do know a bit about radiators for other vehicles. Have you ever flushed it? Have you checked to see if it's got rust in the tank? Is there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know much about the radiator systems on the kfx. But I do know a bit about radiators for other vehicles. Have you ever flushed it? Have you checked to see if it's got rust in the tank? Is there
I’ve never flushed it but when I opened the top there’s fluid sitting there and no rust on the top there so I’m assuming it’s full of fluid but the level has never gone down

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve never flushed it but when I opened the top there’s fluid sitting there and no rust on the top there so I’m assuming it’s full of fluid but the level has never gone down
Depending on how long you have been riding it, I'd change the fluid out and do a flush. Can't hurt.

·
Super Moderator
9,775 Posts
Alright thank you for the suggestions much appreciated
Put some grey silicon on the threads of the oil plug that leaks to stop it & Open the radiator cap, start it, make sure the coolant is flowing...squeeze the lower cooler hose a few times to burp any air out...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts