KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys wondering if any body would have any ideas what could be happening here?

i have an 09 Kfx 450r with a PC5 programer lots of other stuff but not important. when it gets to the higher mid range it starts to cut out:mad: any ideas?

·
Registered
646 Posts
the other stuff its important! what intake? what exhaust full or slip on? what piston? what fuel you running?

·
Registered
646 Posts
you may be running too rich due to the stock air box with a pc5............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had a map made by a certified dynojet garage nd they had it on the dyno to do it. that was a little over 2 yrs ago. i called dyno jet they said to save the map nd clear it then put it back in so i did but it didnt make any difference.

i hooked it up to my laptop with the dynojet program on it to monitor it while running, it didnt throw any codes, under no load it tacked out at around 10500, no issues there, when i load the engine it only revs to around 7300, then cuts out. if i let off the throttle right away it picks up till it hits 7300 about nd cuts out again???? fuel pump possibly?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I had this problem and it would not go away no matter what I did. I could throw a lot of fuel at it and it would reduce, but that was it.

It actually was only with one mod combination... and believe it or not you are dead on with the word IGNITION.

It turned out to be a case of spark blowout. I know this is the case because I installed a modified coil by Prityboy69 and the issue disappeared.

I had enough mods to have the top end flow higher than the coil could fire off easily. It was a blowout or duration problem. Gone now!

Get with him and have him make you an ignition coil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts