KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 08 KFX450R and everytime I try to start it it just buzzes at the solenoid. I've charged the battery to where the tender said it was full and it still buzzes. I've replaced the starter, spark plug, starter relay, and temp sensor. It also has new hoses and aftermarket exhaust pipes.

When I turn the key over the fan kicks on for a quick second and then turns off and I push the start button and the solenoid buzzes. Theres no attempt by the starter to turn over its like the power stays at the solenoid and goes no further. I've made sure all connecting wires are tightend. I tried to kickstart it and I just get the sound of exhaust being, for lack of better knowledge and words, coughed out.

I don't know where else to go from here. Could it be the battery isn't getting a full 12v charge but the tender is reading it as so? Could I need a new connecting cable from the solenoid to the starter itself?

Please Help! Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,971 Posts
Hello,

I have a 08 KFX450R and everytime I try to start it it just buzzes at the solenoid. I've charged the battery to where the tender said it was full and it still buzzes. I've replaced the starter, spark plug, starter relay, and temp sensor. It also has new hoses and aftermarket exhaust pipes.

When I turn the key over the fan kicks on for a quick second and then turns off and I push the start button and the solenoid buzzes. Theres no attempt by the starter to turn over its like the power stays at the solenoid and goes no further. I've made sure all connecting wires are tightend. I tried to kickstart it and I just get the sound of exhaust being, for lack of better knowledge and words, coughed out.

I don't know where else to go from here. Could it be the battery isn't getting a full 12v charge but the tender is reading it as so? Could I need a new connecting cable from the solenoid to the starter itself?

Please Help! Thanks in advance
Check if the decompression spring fell off the exhaust cam...see pic

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts