KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I’ve got a 08 kfx 450r! This thing will not start!! It use to slowly turn over and not start but now it does nothing does not turn over at all now. . Roll over sensor is good. Battery is brand new, fuses aren’t blown. I’ll turn the key on. Can hear the fuel pump run, go to hit start button and it’ll just click. Red light on dash stays on when I turn the key on and blinks non stop when I hit the start button! Red light has grey and yellow wire going to to it. Quad has gas in it Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Are you pulling the clutch in? Try it in neutral

Is the on/off switch on?

Any tether devices installed?

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Welcome to the Forum....!!

Make sure the battery is fully charged 12.8v standard...

Then check if the Decompression spring is on the exhaust cam the starter is too weak to turn the motor under full compression see picture below...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s in neutral. Tried with clutch in and in neutral. Decompression spring is there. Battery is at 12.8. Far right red light just stays on. I thought that was the gas light but has plenty of gas. Just don’t know what would cause the starter to click when you push the start button? It ran fine 4 or so months ago.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Red light just blinks non stop when pushing the start button.
Ok..! far right/front brake side is the low fuel light...does the far left/clutch side stay ON or flashing...???

The far left/F.I light remaining ON means it's coding an DFI error...The far right might be a bad relay for the fuel pump...!!

Far left... Under the hood, there's a black pouch with an orange wire...Ground the wire to the frame & turn the key and count the long & short F.I light flashing....

If no codes are shown...Remove the vehicle down sensor off it's perch and tilt it back & forth a few times & test the output voltage...See picture below

See picture below...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts