KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I did my stem bearing and ball joints, I put it all back together and the starter won’t kick but I can jump the relay and it cranks, also neutral light and reverse light do not show anymore so bike does not see that I’m in neutral, while holding the start button it does not crank but the FI light flashes until I let go of the button, fuel pump primes but no spark and will not crank on its own. Fuses are good and wiring is perfect! No codes in the system and brand new oem Ecu. (Ran perfect before I did suspension please help! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
Did it run no problems before you replaced the steering stem bearings...??

Check if your vehicle down sensor has fallen of it's perch...see pic for location...

Also check your relays & also follow the handlebar starter button wire harness to where it plugs into the main wiring harness...

Wiring schematic below might help you

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes all was fine before the suspension work. The worse part was the dealer near me said that’s a Ecu issue, well here I am with a new Ecu lol not fixed, I have checked the roll over is still intact I have it all apart at the moment checking every wire but no luck, also I went through this whole website and have not seen anything similar to my problem and it’s concerning lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I swapped connectors accidentally from the ignition to the dash lights so mabey that’s had something to do with it but then I bought a new Ecu cause they said I fried it by connecting the connector backwards. Is there hidden fuseable links somewhere inline that I have not discovered?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts