KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

Im new to quads and to be honest im new to forums as well. Ive got an 08 kfx450r and i recently was having some battery issues. it wouldnt hold a charge well, so if i had trouble starting it first push, it would generally die before i could get it going. i figured the battery was just done or maybe there was a draw somewhere. anyway after messing around with it for sometime i just bought a new battery, filled and charged it put it in and now nothing. no lights or sounds at all. checked the voltage is good and the main fuse is fine. im wondering if i shorted something when i was messin with old battery. Im used to very minimal electrical on a dritbike, so i am at a loss. can anybody help?

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...!!

Double check the battery connection (negative to negative, positive to positive)...

Check the brown wire at the key switch for 12v, then check the brown wire at the starter button on the handlebar...!!

The brown wire is the main power feed to the electrical system....

I'm suspecting it's the wire harness connection that lead to the lights & starter button on the handlebars, trace it from the handlebars to under the hood to find the connection...!!

Here's the schematic to help you...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts