KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 08 kfx450. Was having problems not starting. Originally it would run for 3 secs then shut off. Took the plastics off, seen the tip over sensor came off its bracket. Put it back on, reset it, and it started. Shut it off, did it a couple times to make sure everything thing was good, then the fi light started to flash during turn over. It doesn't stay on, only flashes as I'm cranking her over, so it shows no codes. Started wiggling shit and seen that if I twist the Injector a quarter of an inch, fi light would shut off and it would start. Move it the other way, fi light back on wouldn't start. Did this 5 times until it stopped all together. Now no matter which way you twist the injector, fi light is on during cranking and won't start. It doesn't move in and out, just twists back and forth. I need to take my harness off and go completely through it, but is this just a faulty injector where is started to short out the first 5 times, then went completely out? Was told it's not supposed to move at all. Any ideas? In the pictures you can barely see the difference but the first picture the plug is moved up where there's a gap between the plug and injector. Second picture the plug is moved down where there's no gap. I'd upload a video if someone knows how. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
Got an 08 kfx450. Was having problems not starting. Originally it would run for 3 secs then shut off. Took the plastics off, seen the tip over sensor came off its bracket. Put it back on, reset it, and it started. Shut it off, did it a couple times to make sure everything thing was good, then the fi light started to flash during turn over. It doesn't stay on, only flashes as I'm cranking her over, so it shows no codes. Started wiggling shit and seen that if I twist the Injector a quarter of an inch, fi light would shut off and it would start. Move it the other way, fi light back on wouldn't start. Did this 5 times until it stopped all together. Now no matter which way you twist the injector, fi light is on during cranking and won't start. It doesn't move in and out, just twists back and forth. I need to take my harness off and go completely through it, but is this just a faulty injector where is started to short out the first 5 times, then went completely out? Was told it's not supposed to move at all. Any ideas? In the pictures you can barely see the difference but the first picture the plug is moved up where there's a gap between the plug and injector. Second picture the plug is moved down where there's no gap. I'd upload a video if someone knows how. Thanks in advance
First...Is your KFX all stock or has motor upgrades...!! List any motor mods it may have...

Make sure the battery is fully charged...12,8 volts standard...

Pull the injector electrical connector off & clean it thoroughly with some electronic spray...

Then do a ohms/resistance test of the injector...!! see picture below..!

A flashing F.I light is the tip-over sensor activated signal...!!! So double check your tip-over senor's output voltage to make sure it's operating properly...see picture below

Also check if the throttle positioning sensor is in range...0.58~0.62 dcv @ throttle close...3.7~4.1 dcv @ WOT throttle wide open...see picture below

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts