KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Id like to say a few things. All these pulls were made within two hours and given proper cool off and no tuning was done. I tried as many combos as I could with time permitting. This is my good friends bike and its on its third tank of 93 octane. Its had the oil changed to spectro 10w40.

Here is the best pull it made stock. 40.67whp 28.35trq.

Here is the stock pull vs. cork out. You will be suprised as I was. Moral is leave the cork in. 40.67whp 28.35 trq. vs. 38.45whp 28.32trq.

Here is stock vs. lid off. Good gains. 40.67whp 28.35trq. vs. 42.75whp 31.27trq.

Finally here is lid off vs. taking the screen out with the lid off. Not much increase. 42.75whp 31.27trq. vs. 42.84whp 31.20trq.

The bike ran really rich in the top end and really lean in the bottom end. Power commander is in order for sure. Im guessing with tuning 45-46whp is about where it would have came out. Real close to where an ltr dynos on this dyno with lid off, cork out and cherrybomb. I rode this bike today and it felt damn good. Overall good feel and we have big plans for it. More to come.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
The bike is running way to rich without the PC to correct it. I pulled the baffle out and the airbox lid off on mine it ran ok. I then installed the PCII with the correct map!!!!! WOW! What a difference.

Good charts, glad to see some nice numbers to compare.

Thanks for sharing.

PDR

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made even more pulls later with the cork out and it still lost power everytime. I guess kawi has some research into the cork. It simply amazed me that it was losing power with the cork out. Ill get this thing back on the dyno later with the pc and see what we can come up with. GOOD TIMES.

·
Registered
248 Posts
well personaly i think one reason it would ave lost power due to it being uncorked would be the fuel/air mixture was thrown off cuz ur moving more air into and out of the motor fastr but the amount of fuel u put in is off so get back to the dyno dial in ur quad with a pc and itll probably gain a lotta power

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well personaly i think one reason it would ave lost power due to it being uncorked would be the fuel/air mixture was thrown off cuz ur moving more air into and out of the motor fastr but the amount of fuel u put in is off so get back to the dyno dial in ur quad with a pc and itll probably gain a lotta power[/b]
That would make sense but it didnt change the air fuel ratio hardly any and the stock cork just doesnt really look like much of a restriction. Im guessing your statement is false. Now if it would have leaned it out substansily than that would explain the loss in power. Just makes no sense. Just leave it in there until you upgrade the exhaust, plain and simple.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So are you saying I will gain 2 hp by simply taking the airbox lid off and everything else stock?[/b]
Almost 2.5whp actually. Bike will rip alot harder. Not to mention it adds like 3-4whp in the bottom end and the extra 3ftlbs. Do if for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
to be honest i am not that impressed at all. i was hoping it would be alot more than the lt-r. my 05 honda will beat a full pipe with the whole remapping and i would beat them in drag races uphill in sand. i was severely disappointed as i do like them. all i have is a slip-on, k and n and rejetted. sad.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to be honest i am not that impressed at all. i was hoping it would be alot more than the lt-r. my 05 honda will beat a full pipe with the whole remapping and i would beat them in drag races uphill in sand. i was severely disappointed as i do like them. all i have is a slip-on, k and n and rejetted. sad.[/b]

Is it just me, or am I not the only one that didnt understand a thing you just said? Those numbers are right on par with all the 450s out there. Most come in at 38whp stock and this one did 40whp. Explain to me what you are disappointed about?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Your 05 TRX with a slip on, a K&N and a jet kit will not touch an LTR450 with a pipe, cherry bomb and no air box lid. The guy on the LTR must have weighed 350lbs and not known how to shift out of 2nd gear. I cannot wait to get some numbers once the KFX is tunned with a GOOD pipe. I think it will be a good runner.

FUELATV

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your 05 TRX with a slip on, a K&N and a jet kit will not touch an LTR450 with a pipe, cherry bomb and no air box lid. The guy on the LTR must have weighed 350lbs and not known how to shift out of 2nd gear. I cannot wait to get some numbers once the KFX is tunned with a GOOD pipe. I think it will be a good runner.
FUELATV[/b]

Isnt that the truth!!!!!!!! NO trx especially an 05 with your mods can touch an ltr with the fab. 3 mods. The kfx is a screamer dont let any numbers fool ya.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Boy some Red Riders can't take any competition. An 05 with a slip-on is faster that a piped LT-R :crazy:[/b]
Those number are quite abit different then Yoshi shows for there full system with a module compared to stock. There full system was showing what your stock numbers are, and stock was just over 35rwhp.

http://www.atvriders.com/images/yoshimura/...itdynochart.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Those number are quite abit different then Yoshi shows for there full system with a module compared to stock. There full system was showing what your stock numbers are, and stock was just over 35rwhp.

http://www.atvriders.com/images/yoshimura/...itdynochart.jpg[/b]
This is the write up on it.

Yoshimura RS2 Titanium for KFX450R
Chino, CA (4/25/2007) – Yoshimura R&D Of America, Inc. announced today the release of five new products for the new Kawasaki KFX450® R sport quad – Three New Exhaust Systems, a Yoshimura EMS Peripheral Interface Module (PIM) Fuel Injection Unit and FIMAK (Fuel Injection Map Adjuster Kit).

Yoshimura has been the leader as well as the pioneer in EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection). Expertise learned from years at the cutting edge of Superbike Racing has clearly put Yoshimura at the head of the pack when it comes to EFI tuning. The Yoshimura PIM and Ti- Pro Exhaust System equipped KFX450R takes the stock 36HP KFX up to an impressive 40.6HP. In addition, power delivery becomes much more linear and crisp.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.