KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 and it was running fine. Added an exhaust and power commander. Was running great. One day out the blue it would spudder at full throttle but would run at half throttle. Thought it was starving for fuel so did some tuning on it. Was riding during tuning and it killed and never started again. Have changed TPS sensor, injector, fuel pump, and has good spark. All I have left to change would be the ECU. Has anyone ran into this issue or can point me in the right direction.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Make sure the battery is fully charged 12.8v standard...!

Make sure there's a little slack in throttle cable so the butterfly closes to idle position...!

What is the TPS voltage set at...???

When was your last valve lash adjustment...??
Valve Clearance: between cam and valve lifter
Standard:
Exhaust 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm (0.0067 ∼ 0.0087 in.)
Inlet 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm (0.0039 ∼ 0.0059 in.)
If the valve clearance is not within the specified range,
adjust it.

Also a faulty water temp sensor can cause your symptoms...!

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I have a 2008 and it was running fine. Added an exhaust and power commander. Was running great. One day out the blue it would spudder at full throttle but would run at half throttle. Thought it was starving for fuel so did some tuning on it. Was riding during tuning and it killed and never started again. Have changed TPS sensor, injector, fuel pump, and has good spark. All I have left to change would be the ECU. Has anyone ran into this issue or can point me in the right direction.
Try to unplug the power commander before you do anymore and plug everything in back to stock and try starting it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts