KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have an 08 KFX 450r with..
TwoBrothers Slip-On Exhaust
Quadworks Power Box FI
18"Rear Razr MX Tires
20"Front Razr MX Tires
14T front sprocket and 38T Rear Sprocket

I was thinking about buying an Fuel Customs Intake, but what would be the best tuning for the PowerBox? I'm not to sure how far to set the screws and that. Also, if anyone can hook me up with a FCI with or without box for decent price just let me know.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Try 3.5, 5.5, 4

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is there an easy way to tell how far the screw is set? And what about the base setting?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Only adjust the first three modes green yellow red.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Oh weird I thought it was like the rest of the controllers.

I think some of the dynatek controllers are like that. Maybe a search of those will yield some answers

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried searching for instruction manuals, videos, etc. but cannot find anything. Probably next week I'm gonna buy the FCI but I need to know what to tune the FI to.
If you guys don't mind also checking out my YouTube channel and subscribe, I would really appreciate it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCisdvU4mtgDuEPzoFv3_2tA

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
I've tried searching for instruction manuals, videos, etc. but cannot find anything. Probably next week I'm gonna buy the FCI but I need to know what to tune the FI to.
If you guys don't mind also checking out my YouTube channel and subscribe, I would really appreciate it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCisdvU4mtgDuEPzoFv3_2tA
The tuning for your controller is the same as the Dynatek F.I controller...

Here's a walk you through, when you install the upgraded intake...

First...low/middle/high pots arrows ^ at center/noon position...

second...select 30% of the four 0%,20%,(30%),40% base curves offered or find the the best curve by starting the motor to idle, throttle up, if it cuts out or stalls...turn off motor, click the base mode one click & repeat..go through all the base setting until motor starts & throttle ups without cutting out or stalling in neutral..

Then fine tune the low/middle/high -17/+20% adjustment ...start with low 9 O-clock, middle 3 O-clock & high @ noon

too rich...motor bogs down & is lazy to accelerate...
too lean...motor will hesitate when throttling up, cuts out under load & pops when decelerating from WOT/wide open throttle

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that is very confusing

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Wow that is very confusing
This is easier, see picture...notice the arrows on the quadworks dials/potentiometers...??

when the FCI is installed Point the quadworks potentiometers/dial arrows to the blue lines in pic to start with...start motor, throttle up to WOT. let off, back to idle...

if it's...???
too rich...motor bogs down & is lazy to accelerate...
too lean...motor in neutral is quick to accelerate, stall in gear, cuts out under load & pops when decelerating from WOT/wide open throttle

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok now I get it, once the fci comes I'm going to do the box mod then try to tune the fi controller. Thanks for the help man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts