KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 450 with air box programmer coil exhaust it start up runs fine for any where from 3 seconds to a min I can rev it out at first the. It acts like it’s not getting fuel. I can cycle the key a few times and it will fire up ones After it dies

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
I have an 08 450 with air box programmer coil exhaust it start up runs fine for any where from 3 seconds to a min I can rev it out at first the. It acts like it’s not getting fuel. I can cycle the key a few times and it will fire up ones After it dies
Welcome to the Forum...!

Does the F.I dash light remain On while running or turn off after the fuel pump primes...???

How long has it been running fine until the problem your having or pulled it out of storage with the problem...??

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
If it was stored with fuel, drain the fuel tank & fill with fresh gas...!!

And do a flow test to make sure the fuel pump is not damaged from the ethanol...!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay so I have a 2008 kfx 450 and it has a procom ecu and a race cut harness and it fires right up when it’s cold no problem then when it gets warm I shut it off and it won’t start and just cranks and I smell fuel idk what to do please help!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
Okay so I have a 2008 kfx 450 and it has a procom ecu and a race cut harness and it fires right up when it’s cold no problem then when it gets warm I shut it off and it won’t start and just cranks and I smell fuel idk what to do please help!!!
Ok!

If it starts cold & doesn't when warm is usually a sign that your valve clearance is too close needs adjusting...

Valve Clearance: between cam and valve lifter
Standard:
Exhaust 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm (0.0067 ∼ 0.0087 in.)
Inlet 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm (0.0039 ∼ 0.0059 in.)
If the valve clearance is not within the specified range,
adjust it.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The procom also has a unique issue of over fueling when the water temp sensor goes bad

see if the Spark plug is fouled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts