KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's on with the arrows up and still won't prime at all, I tried it both ways with the arrow up. Is it supposed to click in?? I can only get it to sit on that bar....

Am I going to have to bring it to the dealer? They're having a practice track race for once thats actually local and at wareham mx track, I want to go so I'm trying to get ready.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Open the orange plastic things and check the fuses inside. Well, check the one with white wires going to it. That is the fuel pump fuse.

If no joy swap the left relay in this pic with the yellow wire with either of the ones on the right with black wires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
By switching the relays, you mean it's just moving it over the the other stand and then you will find out if it works? I can't get the relay with the yellow wire to reach either of the relays with the black wires. Now what

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Another stupid question, how do I open up the orange thing with the fuse inside to check it? Thanks

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
roll the rubber up on the relay like a condom and unhook.

Bring over one of the ones with the black wires to test.

The fuse holders are a pain on some. I am not sure how best to tell you to open.
Maybe someone can step in for me there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I switched the relays with no luck, can anyone give some advice on how to open up the orange box that the fuse is in?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No more help needed, I got the fuse cover off, saw one fuse was broken noticed that Kawasaki keeps 2 fuses in their and only one slot with power so other is just a backup, popped the other in, turned the key, fuel pump primed and it started!!

Thanks everyone for your help, this is a great forum

·
Registered
880 Posts
This is why I have been putting in circuit breakers. He got towed back because of a fuse that is way too hard to get to when you are in the field.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yep... hands too tired to get it open.

Let's see these circuit breakers.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I just get them at autozone, they just plug in where a fuse would be and they come in both sizes for the main and also fuel pump/fan.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I will look next time I am out of the house.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, I had a similar problem last weekend. The bike totally died. No power at all. It ended up being the main fuse (30 amp). I have an '09 Monster energy edition. I downloaded the owner's manual and for the life of me I cannot find the other two fuses. I see the 4 relays, but there are not two orange fuse boxes on my bike. Is it possible they are not there? I'm a pretty mechanical person. I just want to know for possible future issues. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Centerline,

They are in one of the velcro bags on 2009.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mr Duster.. Found em'. Thanks! Any spectulation why my main fuse blew? It was a little wet. I was avoiding puddles. About 45 degrees. Leading the pack. HMF pipe and fuel commander. Riding normal and all of the sudden everything died.

·
Super Moderator
9,891 Posts
Mr Duster.. Found em'. Thanks! Any spectulation why my main fuse blew? It was a little wet. I was avoiding puddles. About 45 degrees. Leading the pack. HMF pipe and fuel commander. Riding normal and all of the sudden everything died.
Check the harness wires around the head pipe and slip-on especially the wires going to the rear tail light...!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Call Dust Devil. There are 5 wires heading back to the tail light. 3 of them go to the tail light. Those were good. There are two that are stubbed back there that I don't know what they would be for. Well the red one was rubbing on the frame and was down to the wire. Are these 2 wires for some kind of accesory?

·
Super Moderator
9,891 Posts
Good Call Dust Devil. There are 5 wires heading back to the tail light. 3 of them go to the tail light. Those were good. There are two that are stubbed back there that I don't know what they would be for. Well the red one was rubbing on the frame and was down to the wire. Are these 2 wires for some kind of accesory?
There's a required reverse backup light needed for the European models...!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts