Suspension setup for heavier rider - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com
Suspension/Steering/Chassis Discuss major suspension, steering stem, chassis and similar modifications here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

View ish416's Photo Gallery(0)
Suspension setup for heavier rider

I'm looking to replace the suspension on my 450. I weigh 260 - 280 lbs with gear so I don't believe that rebuilding the stock shocks will work. I want to go slightly wider up front with a-arms and I already have an adjustable axle if I feel the need to widen it there.

I'd prefer not to spend money on something that doesn't work. I figured somewhere around $2,500 - $3,000 should get me what I need in a decent suspension setup for the front and rear.

I ride a little bit of everything but would like to stay in the 48"- 50" width.

I have been out of the scene for a while and Fox, Zbros, Exit, Elka, Motowoz and Axis seemed to be the top tier shock manufacturers. I am not sure what has changed in the last few years but I am sure things have.

Just looking for proven setups from larger/heavier riders.

Thanks

99 Honda 416EX - Basically Everything
08 KFX450R - Pro Circuit TI-4 Full system, KN intake, PCV, Hotcams Stg 2
99 Z28 M6 - H/C/I/N2O - 26MPG - NA 430rwhp/403rwtq [email protected] / 150 shot 591rwhp/649rwtq [email protected]
09 Yamaha WR250R - Street legal dirt bike - 65mpgs of awesomeness - Stock .. for now
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd
Evo3 16, 272 cams, Evo 8 Rods/Pistons, 560cc injectors, 2G MAF, DSMLink @ 17 PSI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:14 PM

View blue99stroker's Photo Gallery(0)
Not a lot of suspension options left.

Motowox makes good stuff.

You can get race tech springs for your weight.

Not a lot of a arm choices.

Lone star, Walsh, and I think heard Laeger is making a arms again.

08 KFX450r- DASA, FCI, Stage 2 Hotcams, Wiseco Programmer, Procom, Dynatek Coil, 6K HID, 7" LED Light Bar.

Race Tech dual rate front springs, GT thunder XC Link and Race tech spring, LSR +2 a arms, Tusk Extended Rear Hubs

Poly Case Saver, Streamline Stabilizer, Full PRM Skidplates, Pro Armor Bumpers, Tusk Heel Guards, IMS 3.7 tank

Next up: Dasa head port, JE 12.8 piston and 21x12x8 6 paddle skat trak extremes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com > KFX450 Performance > Suspension/Steering/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in